PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Uxbridge

richuk
May 28th, 2004, 21:15
Just thought I'd post this to help all you non-Londoners out. Wouldn't want to be late now would you? :wink:

Uxbridge is at the very last stop on the Western end of both the Metropolitan and Piccadilly tube lines.

There are two branches on the Piccadilly, one goes to Heathrow, so be careful.

Basically, both these lines (but particularly the Metropolitan) are often slow and seem to have more signal failiures than any other. I would give at least 45 mins - 1 hour for your journey from ventral London.

Whatever you do, avoid the Circle Line when making connections! It also sucks.....

I really don't mean to panic anybody but the tube ane me don't get on, and it likes to fuck up when I've got something important on! Thus it's likely to do so that morning....

Finally, I started a new temp job last week (got sick of my full time one). I'm working right next door to the Japanese Embassy, so my excitement and impatience for the departure date to approach are further fuelled every morning....

Oh well, on t' 24th July, Kobe City here I come.....

Jonathan
May 28th, 2004, 22:02
Thanks for the info Rich, much appreciated! :P

Jonathan

xx

dobharrison
May 28th, 2004, 22:41
Yeah, thanks Rich! :)

Coming from somewhere with a pretty decent rail network, it's hard to appreciate how hard it is for you guys in the south-east!