View Full Version : International Driving Permit

May 28th, 2004, 23:08
I've just found out that those wishing to drive in Japan will need to get an international driving permit which is valid for 12 months.

All you need to do is go AA, RAC or Green Flag website to get application form.

Im going with the AA one - which asks fo the following:

Photocopy of photo-licence (they like to have a copy of the couterpart too..but this is not essential) or old style licence.

A photo copy of the back page of your passport

Completed application form

The sum of £4

And a signed passport size photo

Hope this is of some help..

May 29th, 2004, 00:47
As far as i was aware, due to an agreement with Japan, UK peeps (in fact, i think just about everyone except the US) can just show their normal drivers licence in Japan, and get a full Japanese licence.


April 25th, 2005, 22:58

Better late than never!