PDA

View Full Version : read what my uncle had to say about my 'ken'

sanzo
May 29th, 2004, 00:08
Got this in an email today:
"Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy Yamaguchi-ken. You will awake each morning to the aroma of fertilizer in the rice fields, to the the sound of mosquitoes buzzing around your head, if the heat of summer doesn't kill you, the cold of winter, with the chill winds of Siberia blowing down, will. I have never had the opportunity to go to Yamaguchi, and hope I never will."

What a sick f***.

Ok he went on to say that i'll have a good experience and i can always come visit him in Tokyo and blah blah blah, but still...

I think he's just trying to blow any unrealistic expectations I have out of the water. Effectively, I might add.

Alpot
May 29th, 2004, 16:36
Well I'm going to Yamaguchi-shi (perhaps better than being in the countryside somewhere), and although it was nowhere near where I wanted to go, now I've heard more about it, I can't wait to go! Apparantly you should get half your rent paid (that applies to all JETS in Yamaguchi I think), and I don't have to pay key money, and only have to work 17 days a month, so if you get a similar deal to me you're sorted! Also, its really easy to get to Fukuoka and Hiroshima. Never been to Hiroshima, but lived in Fukuoka a couple of years ago, and it was great. I'd much rather be where we are than paying a fortune to live somewhere 'in' Tokyo, which actually means about an hour away and is really expensive. We'll put Yamaguchi on the map!!
Alex.