PDA

View Full Version : Shakken - The Japanese MOT

solacegirl
February 27th, 2006, 15:11
Hey chaps I thikn my car will be coming up for a dose of the old shakken -has anyone paid for this in the past year and if so how much did they pay?? Does price vary where you take yer car? I have a K car so I'm hoping it will be somewhere in the region of eight man.....can anyone elaborate...bueller?

Hawaiiantime
February 27th, 2006, 18:43
I just paid 4man for mine for two years. I have a four year old k-car. I think k-cars are cheaper in general for shakken, but the price does go up for older cars as well.

adammoogle
March 1st, 2006, 15:13
the older the car the pricier the shakken, and k cars are cheaper to get.

my 94 white plate honda integra is costing me 75,000yen and thats before they have to change whatever parts the insepctor decides he dosn't like. so for me it'll probably be about 10man (i hope :? )

there are places where you can get cheap shakkens done, at least in my dinky city, but like back home, the less reputable the garage the more chance your taking of something going wrong.

i think 8 man is the top end for a k car unless its like 20 years old...ask your teachers or japanese friends for cheap garages. they will know the best places to go.