PDA

View Full Version : Any news on alternates??

unknown
May 9th, 2004, 03:52
Hello

I'm from the UK, just wondering if any of you alternates out there, especially from the UK, who have received any notification of upgrades yet.

Stuck in a limbo....not very nice......

Yakaji
May 9th, 2004, 03:56
I haven't heard about anyone from the UK being upgraded (yet), but I know there were a couple people in the states who have already gone up the lists.

There should be plenty more forthcoming as they ditch people for not turning in their required forms or rejecting JET (for whatever odd reason). Again, there should be some more in about a month's time as the scardey-cats back out from the placements they've been assigned.

Also: Like your avatar!

unknown
May 9th, 2004, 04:03
Thanks for the info....guess its back to stage 1...again....

oh....thanks for the comment...and yours is...er.....interesting?! :roll:

abunaidave
May 10th, 2004, 15:37
I just got upgraded as of about 20 minutes ago. Trying not to sing "happy happy joy joy" :wink: .

So I got a phonecall from the Brisbane (Australia) consulate at 4pm on this fine Monday 10th May, telling me I've been upgraded.

Rang up doctors to get physical booked tomorrow morning, so only thing thats going to slow me down will be x-ray now probably.

Chiara
May 10th, 2004, 21:00
Remember, you don't need the x-ray if your doctor agrees that you do not need it.

yes! this was a big relief as i was told that it would be £120 on top of the cost of all the already exhorbitant fee for my doctor to fill in a form!

unknown
May 10th, 2004, 22:07
I'm happy for you!! Thats excellent news!! I wish our embassy would hurry up...people are rotting here!! :o

Do you know if the norm is to call people? Or do they send email/mail too??

Thanks

P.S I'm from UK

abunaidave
May 10th, 2004, 22:45
No idea what the normal method of contact is really, but I'd assume the phone would be the first thing they try.

On the x-ray topic, my consulate told me I need to get one done, so I will anyway just in case.

Good luck to all you alternates out there :D

Laura
May 11th, 2004, 02:54
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Was upgraded this afternoon (UK)! Poor girl on the other end of the phone must've thought I'd fainted (I practically had) because I was so speechless. Couldn't tell me what group I'll be flying out with, but I'll be coming to the orientation in early July! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! So happy!! :lol: