PDA

View Full Version : Question for Other UK JETs

jane_is_ace
June 2nd, 2004, 06:31
Did any of you guys have to send back some kind of reply when you got your placement letter? There were no reply forms in mine, and I was just wondering...

joe
June 2nd, 2004, 06:36
I think the only London forms I had to return were the one for the ambassadors reception ( a little postcard) and the japanese experience level.
joe

jane_is_ace
June 2nd, 2004, 06:38
Thanks guys :D

I have read it three times all the way through but you know how it is. I have an exam tomorrow and my mind is finding distractions for me.

Now I can rest easy, until I think of some other impossible situation that could never possibly happen and that there is no need to worry about. :? :)

joe
June 2nd, 2004, 06:45
my main worry at the moment is that any email from my predecessor or JET might automatically go into my 'junk mail' folder. I'm always finding important things in there!

jane_is_ace
June 2nd, 2004, 06:56
Yeah, i know what you mean.

The other day I was in the University library checking my mail and I got this mail that was all funky letters, so I thought, ooooo, spam. Deleted, purged, refreshed. Then I thought, er, maybe it was japanese and the uni browsers don't have support for that kind of thing.

Que running around like a looney trying to retrieve mail. Luckily I got my mate to check her mail and she had the same one, spam. :roll:

Edited 'cause my posts are always too long

joe
June 2nd, 2004, 07:03
Another major email worry I have is that my university email account will surely be closed down soon after results day ( 18th june). argh, what if my predecessor doesnt try and contact me till mid july?? And its easy to tell JetUK about changing my email address but how long will that info take to filter through to japan!! months surely!!

Chiara
June 2nd, 2004, 16:47
the ambassadors reception

heehee, i can't read that without sniggering and thinking about the Ferrero Rocher advert!

joe
June 2nd, 2004, 17:55
I dont think its officially called that, its just what I like to think of it as.
Hopefully they are going to have a system of replacing everything we say there that evening with subtitles saying 'delicious!', or dubbing over 'ambassador you are really spoiling us'. thats what I'm expecting anyway

dobharrison
June 2nd, 2004, 17:58
I dont think its officially called that, its just what I like to think of it as.
Hopefully they are going to have a system of replacing everything we say there that evening with subtitles saying 'delicious!', or dubbing over 'ambassador you are really spoiling us'. thats what I'm expecting anyway

It wouldn't be much of a conversation, would it? Maybe that's the point.

I wish I was going now! I want to make Ferrero Rocher jokes, too!