PDA

View Full Version : ALTs to school ratio!

Fyrey
June 2nd, 2004, 19:57
Hi all,

Just been reading the Japanese website for my town - thanks to the guy who reminded me about Babel! (the English version was a shoddy html effort with 2 photo and 5 lines)

There are 10 schools in my town! Am I going to be visiting some of them? All of them? Or will there be another JET in town with me? (YAY!)

I know I know ESID ESID. But still, whats the MAXIMUM number of schools I could be involved with?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Chiara
June 2nd, 2004, 20:42
I don't know, but in my interview I was asked "Imagine if you were expected to work in 20 different schools and you had to give an introduction at each one of these in a short period of time. How would you keep your introduction interesting and varied so that you didn't get bored of giving it?"

I was barely able to answer the question because inside my head I was thinking "20 Schools? TWENTY SCHOOLS???"

Dynamis
June 2nd, 2004, 21:52
Welcome to the world of the one-shot ALT!!

Matt

(Please please dont give me the one shot position....)

Dave
June 2nd, 2004, 22:05
Apparently I'll probably be working in 3 Junior High Schools, on a 2 week rotation system :)

MrSnrub
June 3rd, 2004, 07:52
20 schools! reminds me of "creamy caesar" on BD who had a never-ending round of schools to visit and a most depressing tale of her time in Japan.

I'm certainly glad I didn't get an email from my pred saying "Hi you may know me as CC on BD 8O ". Apparently I'll be at 2 Jr Highs :)

Fyrey
June 3rd, 2004, 08:10
20 schools! reminds me of "creamy caesar" on BD who had a never-ending round of schools to visit and a most depressing tale of her time in Japan.

I'm certainly glad I didn't get an email from my pred saying "Hi you may know me as CC on BD 8O ". Apparently I'll be at 2 Jr Highs :)

Do you know where she was posted exactly??

IowaJET
June 3rd, 2004, 08:19
Fukuoka, I think

professor_chimpenstein
June 3rd, 2004, 22:13
I got a mail off someone from Osaka City BOE and they said that they worked at 11 schools over 3 years but that they preferred it that way.

Whatever way that is.

Just thought Id mention it

James

Dynamis
June 3rd, 2004, 22:16
CC = Fukuoka
Me = Fukuoka
Hence: Please please dont give me that job!!

Paper
June 4th, 2004, 16:17
22% - 1 school
57% - 2-5 schools
18% - 6-15 schools
3% - > 15 schools