PDA

View Full Version : Insurance from JET

professor_chimpenstein
June 2nd, 2004, 22:37
Hi there people

Since I have epilepsy I have found out that I have to take out seperate travel insurance to cover me in case I have a fit.

I have been given a quote from a private insurance firm for £263 for the year. However this would not cover me if I had a fit actually in the workplace. Basically I am just trying to identify what kind of insurance JET provide to you while your in Japan.

am i covered for any work related incident or will i need to take out seperate work insurance.

I have spoken to JET and they suggested I wait until I recieve my pre departure booklet as it will contain info on this. Im just wondering if anyone has one of these yet or any info that might be able to help me.

Jesus - gettin info on this sort of thing is more difficult directions than getting accepted for the programme.

Id appreciate anything you have to offer on this

I realise that the insurance question may have been done to death but Im just trying to get it sorted as its gonna cost me a packet

James

professor_chimpenstein
June 3rd, 2004, 19:12
'bump'

dobharrison
June 3rd, 2004, 19:29
It looks like everyone is as stumped as you, James! It's something I'd like to find out about as well, hopefully it'll be in our info packets.

Although, if you do have epilepsy, don't look Pikachu in the eyes when you see him!

cottamg
June 3rd, 2004, 19:58
why do people never check the weblinks... or my excel spreadsheet..

sheesh...

http://www.city.yokohama.jp/me/GuideE/64-65.html

here you go.. this should answer a few questions at least.. the budget I have suggests we'll have to pay around 10,000 - 20,000 yen a month... ish? don't remember the exact figure..

Gareth

professor_chimpenstein
June 3rd, 2004, 22:09
thanks cott but theres 2 minor problems

1. I dont have excel

2. I was kinda lookin for the specific details of the cover that Jet offer you - not the price

Thanks for tryin anyway

:wink: James (am i the only person who puts their name at the end of every post?)

cottamg
June 3rd, 2004, 23:22
thanks cott but theres 2 minor problems

1. I dont have excel

2. I was kinda lookin for the specific details of the cover that Jet offer you - not the price

Thanks for tryin anyway

:wink: James (am i the only person who puts their name at the end of every post?)

Sure.. I put my name... well.. sometime at the end of my posts... for example the post directly above yours.. :)

and sorry I can't help with the JET cover.. but the site above will explain the national insurance better..

professor_chimpenstein
June 4th, 2004, 00:22
oh yeah so you do.

I have observation problems, :oops: and as for my short term memory well........

oh yeah so you do.

Cheers cottamg!