PDA

View Full Version : Group B bumfighters, drunks, crackheads, etc. Post Here!

HappyJadeBuddha
June 5th, 2004, 02:59
Who is in group B orientation?

We have a nice little group meeting for fun in Tokyo already, but I'm looking to expand the ranks.

Let's find out who is in B, and in a while we can figure out a way to meet up at the hotel.

--Duffy

Dave
June 5th, 2004, 03:07
My name's Dave and I'm in group B.
(I fit into the drunk category)

richardp
June 5th, 2004, 03:13
Yah, I'm in B as well.

Jay
June 5th, 2004, 03:33
Yea, I'm in group B, but when I get to Japan some J-friends are taking me out.

How many of you plan to attend the embassy function? I'm not too sure If I will go. From what I hear the Canadian embassy welcome party is just so-so, well compared to the U.K's welcome party anyway.

Dynamis
June 5th, 2004, 03:41
Welcome to BCH Anonymous:

My name's Matt, and I'm a group B bumfighting crack head too.

topsterloin
June 5th, 2004, 03:48
do transvestite bumfighting crackwhores belong in this category? uhhh...that's unfortunately be me (i'm the only korean black jew you'll ever meet)

charliemac
June 5th, 2004, 04:09
the name's charlie (if it wasn't obvious :) ) and i'm a GroupB

VinceXII
June 5th, 2004, 04:51
Count me in, Group B!

And, Duffy, see you in KC!

-V1100

lorenzokenzo
June 5th, 2004, 05:26
Skiddy McFleasal signing in...x

Manshonyagger
June 5th, 2004, 06:37
Me too.

Chiara
June 5th, 2004, 09:39
I'm in group B, and I expect, nay, demand, that a nice boy buys me a drink.

hah.

cottamg
June 5th, 2004, 10:19
I'm in group B, and I expect, nay, demand, that a nice boy buys me a drink.

hah.

what about not so nice boys? Are we... um.. I mean.. are they allowed to buy you a drink as well? ;)

And yes... you can all breath a sigh of relief and know that you are the lucky ones.. for yes indeed.. I, Gareth, am also in Group B.

Now what's this I hear about the evening party being an 'all you can drink'?

justhis1nce
June 5th, 2004, 11:30
I'm in B, and I love beer.

Bron
June 5th, 2004, 11:42
am in B also.
took me a few yrs, but yes, beer is good.
I'm sure I can work on the bumfighting and crack-whoring with a little encouragement.

cottamg
June 5th, 2004, 11:47
am in B also.
took me a few yrs, but yes, beer is good.
I'm sure I can work on the bumfighting and crack-whoring with a little encouragement.

consider yourself encouraged. :)

Beq
June 5th, 2004, 12:20
I'm in group B. What's this about embassy parties? Do the Aussies get one?

cottamg
June 5th, 2004, 13:11
I'm in group B. What's this about embassy parties? Do the Aussies get one?

I don't think the Aussies get one no..

but as far as I understand it, we have a sort of "welcome" party at the orientation.. or something like that..

abunaidave
June 5th, 2004, 13:53
Beer is the nectar of life. Seeing as how all the cool people are in B, I'll be tagging along.

And in these modern times of equal oppurtunites and all the rest... surely you'll be buying us nice boys drinks too Chiara? :D

Chiara
June 5th, 2004, 17:22
In the words of the great Missy Elliot, "Boys boys, all kind of boys, black, white, (nice, not-so-nice) puerto rican, chinese boys".

r_a_y
June 5th, 2004, 21:31
B 4evah!

or something like that...

:D

Laura
June 5th, 2004, 21:53
Ooooh me! I wanna join in too! (and have finally found out my placement - Miki city in Hyogo) Wooohooo. Go B's!
[/i]

yabighoor
June 5th, 2004, 23:36
yabighoors in for some bumfighting crack-hoing.

Yea Group B!!

Rox
June 6th, 2004, 17:23
Group B right here. Sadly, the US Embassy is too cheap to throw us a party of any sort :cry:

JayDubya
June 6th, 2004, 22:19
Me = group B

Im ready to flava it up at the embassy.

word.

HappyJadeBuddha
June 7th, 2004, 06:50
Since the embassy is full of lame-ass muthafukkaz, I'll be throwing a party for Group B.

It's in my pants.

cottamg
June 7th, 2004, 11:43
Since the embassy is full of lame-ass muthafukkaz, I'll be throwing a party for Group B.

It's in my pants.

and everyone's invited? ;)

HappyJadeBuddha
June 7th, 2004, 11:45
indeed

llumynia
June 8th, 2004, 13:43

cottamg
June 8th, 2004, 17:24
Go group B! I'm just glad I'll have a few extra days to pack and figure out what I am forgetting...

in regards to packing and stuff, go check out spicygyoza.net (the link is in the weblinks)....

it's fantastic.. and it's got some really good advice for packing and living in Japan, etc.

Nikbot
June 8th, 2004, 19:01
I'm a B-boy ex Brisbane.

Cannae wait

yorkie
June 8th, 2004, 19:18
I'm a group B girl as well...off to Yamaguchi prefecture. Looking forward to a great time in Tokyo first!!! See you all there!

cottamg
June 9th, 2004, 01:41
I'm a group B girl as well...off to Yamaguchi prefecture. Looking forward to a great time in Tokyo first!!! See you all there!

ooooh yeah.. Tokyo orientation is going to be brilliant.. although, I'm curious about who I'll be bunking up with.. I hear it's about 3 to a room...

I hope I don't get someone who snores!

JayDubya
June 9th, 2004, 02:10
I hear it's about 3 to a room...

Well i'll definately be in the PARTY room... and they'll be plenty of room for more than 3!
8)

cottamg
June 9th, 2004, 02:14
Well i'll definately be in the PARTY room... and they'll be plenty of room for more than 3!
8)

will you be bringing the soccer team along?.. if so, that's a party I'd love to join!

JayDubya
June 10th, 2004, 00:04
Im sure i can put together a soccer team that will be just as entertaining for you.

What do you say guys?

cottamg
June 10th, 2004, 00:58
Im sure i can put together a soccer team that will be just as entertaining for you.

What do you say guys?

I'm there.. anyone else up for joing JayDubya in the "PartyRoom"?

:)

colleenyb
June 10th, 2004, 06:45
Sadly, the US Embassy is too cheap to throw us a party of any sort

Rox, do you mean too cheap to throw a party for New Zealand or for the US? Is the US Embassy in charge of throwing parties for all countries represented? Sorry, I obviously need to be enlightened. I personally think they should have one big party rather than divide us up by country.

Is this 'party' that we're talking about the Welcome Reception discussed in the handbook? Once again, I need to be enlightened.

HappyJadeBudda, I thought I was the only one who invites people to parties in my pants. Maybe we've got more in common than I thought!

cottamg
June 10th, 2004, 13:13
HappyJadeBudda, I thought I was the only one who invites people to parties in my pants. Maybe we've got more in common than I thought!

sounds like we have another party member for JayDubya's room :)

and then we can party in colleenyb's pants!

WabiSabi-san
June 10th, 2004, 20:58
Group B here as well & bound for the frozen wastelands of Hokkaido. I can't quite make out all the kanji in the welcome letter, but something about making me their king & ruling the little people from a mansion in Sapporo. Huzzah!

HappyJadeBuddha
June 11th, 2004, 00:45
[quote]

I was joking about a party in my pants. Everyone knows I don't wear pants.

We have a lot in common, Colleenyb! First, we're both bald. Second, we're both men. Finally, we both have a beastlike addiction to Thai prostitutes.

We'll have much to discuss at orientation. See you there!

--Duffy

maya
June 11th, 2004, 01:04
YAY for the B group! 8)

I am wondering how many of us will be hung over during the orientation?? :D

Soma
June 12th, 2004, 15:41
Perhaps a more pertinent question is "How many will not be hangover?!"

Oh and if this thing Group B ITIL party o' doom can be sorted, then I am in.

Soma
July 19th, 2004, 13:10
Hey this thread died somewhat, possibly because i was the last poster, but anyway, are us Group B'ers still keen to meet up during orientation? We have 12 or so days to find some simple but effective means of organising a night out or some such thing. Any ideas that dont involve a lot of organising?

A particularly lame and unimaginative idea is that when we get to the orientation undoubteldly they will give us nametags and perhaps just slipping the card out and a simple "ITIL" in black felt pen on these should signify ITIL awesomenonimity and everytime we bump into someone with the mark of the devil.....i mean "ITIL", exchange and write down hotel room numbers and names, and then after the day's program, go and round up the troops and eventually all the disparate roaming hordes will reach critical mass and become one great raging self-sustaining black hole of a horde or something of the like...... lame, but simple and might give us a fighting chance of finding half of each other if we so wish. Having t-shirts or badges would be cool if we all had the time, space and money to worry about getting them made.....

anyway, thoughts...........??????

Dynamis
July 19th, 2004, 14:03
Yeah, i thought vaguely about putting ITIL on my badge for orientation. Then i thought i'd look like a dick, but maybe if it was really really small, and everyone else promised to do it as well....

:?

Matt

r_a_y
July 19th, 2004, 22:40
Nice... ITIL on the name tag. Much easier than having to write our nick and our real names on it. I'm all for that.

Maybe i'm getting a little bit excited. My first thought this morning after i woke up was '12 more days!!!'. I'm getting insanely restless. I'm in that 'super bored even though there are lots of things you could be doing' state.

And on one final note...

12 MORE DAYS!!!

Dave
July 19th, 2004, 22:47
yeah the name tag sounds like a clever idea...although possibly (ever so slightly) a little bit geeky. :) But that suits me!

r_a_y
July 19th, 2004, 23:00
so, since we've already admitted our geekyness, who's up for some karaoke action when we get to tokyo? this of course would be after, or even possibly during, getting shit faced drunk, which would make it much more entertaining. i've never done karaoke, but rest assured i'll be extremely terrible at it and should have the rest of the room pissing themselves laughing in no time.

Dave
July 19th, 2004, 23:02
okay! as long as I don't have to go first, my first song is a duet, I get to pick the song...which is in English....and I'm allowed to mime! :)

HappyJadeBuddha
July 19th, 2004, 23:24
I'll tattoo "ITIL" on my forehead, right under my "bumfights" tattoo.

megapad
July 20th, 2004, 08:57
Oh, yeah. I'm group B as well.

I'm staying in Keioi (can't remember how to spell it) Plaza. I did a search on the old internet and it looks pretty nice. Shit loads of restaurants and bars, etc...but it would be a bit sad to go these when you've got the whole of Tokyo to hit.

See you guys there.

Peace and Love,

Kaz x

Soma
July 20th, 2004, 09:52
okay i am glad my idea didnt get completely smacked, but yes, while very geeky, only those in the know will understand quite how geeky it is surely! So lets make it a thing.......some sort of "ITIL" marker on somewhere obvious! Collect peoples names and rooms, and go from there......

I also have not done karaoke before, and would normally never consider it. But I have been told that it would basically be offensive if i was out with my Japanese workmates or whomever and not partake in embarrassing myself, so i guess we should all just accept it and drink, laugh, cry (alot!) at how terrible we are!

Lisa
July 20th, 2004, 10:50
I'm in for drunken revelry!! It has been missing from my life lately so I have some catching up to do in Tokyo. I think we should go to some of those all you can drink bars. :lol:

Petesmp
July 20th, 2004, 14:43
I think it's a good idea? What about something small like this?

http://205.209.128.170/~pman5000/itil.bmp

maya
July 20th, 2004, 16:40
Im not fussed what we do so long as we get some good drinking sessions :P in. There is a pool in the hotel as well fo those of us who are in Keio Plaza, dunno about the hilton. hotel website is http://www.keioplaza.com/index.html if anyone is interested.

ITIL at the bottom of the badge migiht be an idea.

has anyone started packing yet?

I no like karaoke!! :evil:
but i guess i better get used to it grrr
but i say we check out some of the gaijin bars in tokyo they are meant to be great!

abunaidave
July 20th, 2004, 20:25
I'll write ITIL on my badge too assuming we get one... if thats the most embarassing thing that happens to me in Tokyo I might be a little disappointed though. Speaking of which, I'll be up for karaoke.

I still haven't started packing either, although I do keep saying I'll do it tomorrow. Anyway, I'll do it tomorrow.

Edited to say: and the pool. If I have some free time I'll be there.

Dynamis
July 21st, 2004, 10:29
I have this idea in my head that a hot pool is good for a hangover. No idea why I think that, but maybe I can test it out. :P

I shall write ITIL in very small letters on my badge (if we get one). Those who know where to look will see it though!

Matt

megapad
July 21st, 2004, 13:24
The pool looks quality, and the gym is free to use as well.

If it's hot, I'll definately be up for lounging about poolside that's if we have any free time.

How much time are we expected to be in this course. Presumable 9 to 5 each day, yeah?

topsterloin
July 22nd, 2004, 03:08
dude...i'm all about it, but this pool's gonna be standing room only...wtf don't we have in-room hot tubs?

Avi
July 22nd, 2004, 07:34
I am also (under?)privileged to be in Group B. Am I the only one who has no clue as to hotel placement?

maya
July 22nd, 2004, 09:53
Avi: if u have been assigned to yokohama-shi then you will be in keio plaza according to the information I have received.

besu
July 22nd, 2004, 14:29
I am a member of the esteemed B group. I hope to have a video camera with me in Tokyo to record the myriad of beautifully stupid and heinous things you all shall regret having done later - and post it to this site for all to relish for the year to come.

r_a_y
July 26th, 2004, 23:46
woo! 5 days left!!

umm, that's all i wanted to say.

:oops:

llumynia
July 27th, 2004, 00:22

r_a_y
July 27th, 2004, 00:30
oh yeah, am i the only one here staying at the hilton?

Shinikenshi
July 27th, 2004, 04:23
heheh, Karaoke is a lot more fun in Japan, seeing as how you get your own room and no one other than your friends has to remember how crazy it got (or how terrible you sounded). From experience, though, I can tell you that the more you have to drink, the better your singing voice. So drink up!

5 more days!! :) awesome!

Of course, then there's the karaoke place with alcohol and ddr. I couldn't quite understand how that all worked, but apparently it did. 8O

Drunken DDR + Karaoke = really weird combination!

Chris

Soma
July 27th, 2004, 06:22
Hey R_A_Y
I think I also am in the Hilton. It seems that the arrangements are done by prefecture. I am in Fukushima, and the fukushima AJET (FUJET) pre-departure guide they sent us thought that it was very likely we would be but not quite confirmed. I see you are in Miyagi, so maybe the northerners will be in the hilton? 4 DAYS!!!!!

r_a_y
July 27th, 2004, 10:56
the only people staying at the hilton are those going to miyagi, fukushima, ibaraki, saitama, and chiba.

so looks like you're stuck with me soma :D

Bron
July 27th, 2004, 12:14
I'm also a karaoke virgin... so there will def need to be a lot of booze in the equation! advice: expect the worst. you have been warned.

r_a_y
July 28th, 2004, 04:14
looks like group B will have some big expectations to live up to.

according to the BD gossip mill, there's already been a big fight at the Keio and some other guy who had to be taken to hospital due to drinking themselves into a coma (a coma?? gimme a break)

but i'm not worried. i'm sure we're more than willing and able to cause a ruccus they'll never forget in tokyo :D