PDA

View Full Version : YOGA anyone

kellicopter
May 9th, 2004, 07:14
hey
im just wondering if anyone out there practices yoga and if so then what do u plan on doing in japan. there seem to be some classes in the bigger cities but if u are not placed in a bigger city are u just going to practice on your own

kell

llumynia
May 9th, 2004, 11:32
well, not that it's the same as yoga at all, but i did check into the gym situation and talked with some of my friends about it. they said it would be pricey but well worth it. i guess i have to find out how pricey, maybe I'll just bring one of my fitness tapes and practice on my own, but i'll miss the treadmill

yabighoor
May 9th, 2004, 19:49
I'll be bringing my Yoga video until I can find a good class. What i really want to do though is spinning. Can be pricey as well and not sure if too many gyms will do it!!

Ciara

Chiara
May 9th, 2004, 20:18
Spinning is efil! I do Body Step, Body Pump, Body Combat and Body Balance... I'm doubtful as to whether they'll have them in Japan! ;)

Gyms aren't *too* expensive I dont think - I visited a friend working for NOVA last year. He lives in Tochigi, and there's a gym in the big JUSCO complex (supermarket that sells pretty much everything you can ever think of, ever...) and it didnt seem too expensive...

I'm thinking I might be taking up road running when I get to Japan to save money though...the treadmill is boring anyway!

lorenzokenzo
May 9th, 2004, 20:21
Hi Kel

I'm really into meditation and am planning on taking up aikido and yoga when i get to japan.

yoga supposed to be great for posture when sitting in meditation

anyway...STYS

Noel.x

yabighoor
May 9th, 2004, 20:21
Good idea, I run in Edinburgh but the tourists can be a bit annoying...I live near Haymarket and they're all over the place.

philmine1
May 9th, 2004, 20:23
Yoga classes with you sound too good to miss :wink:

I hope you're feeling much better Kell, you take care girl.

Phil
xxx

Dave
May 9th, 2004, 21:22
I tried Yoga once. It hurt.

I prefer yoghurt.

starnia
May 12th, 2004, 06:24
I am taking 5 oga CDs, so that I can change the workout and intensity every day.

They all play on my ubber laptop (17") and it has an ultra wide viewing angle so I can view it from the floor.

If we are near each other, I would love to a yoga partner (nothing like the encouragement of others to stick to a routine).

Shotokai
May 12th, 2004, 20:39
I'll be there too, did it before but felt no different, willing to give it a second go though. as i think it'll aid with my meditation.

dobharrison
May 12th, 2004, 20:44
When I lived in Yamato I went to a gym that was dirt cheap - a few pounds to join (pun not intended) and about a quid every time I went. The equipment was decent but obviously not that high tech. I think it was subsidised by the local city council and was kind of a community centre.

The fun part, of course, was the 2 hour induction in Japanese! Luckily, the girl speaking was cute otherwise I'd have fallen asleep.

Syrinx
May 13th, 2004, 02:21
I actually teach yoga here in the US (trained in viniyoga, although not certified) and I'm wondering what my options will be to take or teach yoga in Japan. Will depend completely upon where I'm placed, I suppose. I'd love to find some people to do yoga with though, so we'll have to check back when we all find out placement. And I do plan to do it on my own as well, whether or not I have access to a class. I wonder if it would be hard to teach yoga there, especially if I am placed somewhere with not many English speakers? I'd hate for people to get hurt because they didn't understand what I was saying... but it might be a really fun way to get involved with the community.

kellicopter
May 13th, 2004, 04:04
cool guys
thanks for the responses

I study Iyangar Yoga. I will look for a class in my area( when I find out where that is) and if I am near any of u, I would love yoga partners--always good to help the motivation levels...i also plan to continue practising on my own.
Lets check back again when we all know where we are placed

Dob-- i am also looking to join a gym, so hopefully there will be a cheapish one in my area

Phil-- u can practice yoga with me anytime babe--hehe

cheers all and good luck with ur placements

kell

Gingirlzone
May 17th, 2004, 20:21
Hey

I practice Yoga and was also wondering what I was going to do when I got to Japan. I use a video regularly so I know the basic stuff off by heart so could easily sit and do a programme at home by myself but it would be nice to do a class out there. :D

What's Aikido? and yes, yoga is very good for posture.

Yazz