PDA

View Full Version : Any York JETS out there?

yorkie
June 10th, 2004, 21:38
Hi

Is there anyone from York, England going on JET this year (apart from me that is!!)

I'm in Group B, off to Yanai City in Yamaguchi Prefecture!

Get in touch if you're in York, York Uni etc...

Byee!

Lauren (aka Yorkie) :)

professor_chimpenstein
June 10th, 2004, 22:45
I aint from York but I am going to the Group B orientation.

Im from Chester in the North West.

Do you have to go through Crewe on your way down to london?

If so we could meet up on the way!

James

yorkie
June 10th, 2004, 23:58
Hiya James

My train goes direct to London from York...but will see you there!

Still so much to do and plan! How is all your prep coming along?

professor_chimpenstein
June 11th, 2004, 00:03
when you say prep yo umean preperation right - dont spose you could be more specific?

I have this feeling im far to laid back at the moment

Alpot
June 20th, 2004, 16:01
Hi Yorkie... I'm kind of from York, and also going to Yamaguchi!! It's a small world! I actually live near Boroughbridge (about 30 mins away), and I'm going to Yamaguchi city. I've just finished studying Japanese at Leeds, so I've already lived there for a year. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime, I'll probably combine it with a shopping trip, I don't think my student clothes will go down too well over there! I'm busy for the next week, but am free at the end of this month. Or we could meet up after orientation, when we start getting really scared about going!
Nice to know there are a few Yorkshire people going!
Alex.

Faustus
June 20th, 2004, 16:52
Not York yet, but I actually have deferred admission to the MA in Comparative Politics program at York Uni (I'm hoping to get there next week when my family's visiting the UK to actually check the place out in person). If anyone happens to have studied in that particular department and has some feedback, BTW, feel free to share.

I'm heading to Miki (in Hyogo), incidentally.

0bvious
June 20th, 2004, 22:56
my name is dan, i live in leeds, leaving in group B for Kumamoto in late july.

i'm trying to organise a drink out in leeds one night before we go and want to know if any other prospective yorkshire JETs would like to come

if so, please contact me at danrourke@bigfoot.com with your name and details and when a drink would be best for you (hopefully the week before orientation if possible)
sweet, speak soon
dan