PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire JETS?

yorkie
June 12th, 2004, 00:18
Are there any Yorkshire JETs out there?

I'm from York, off to Yanai City, Yamaguchi Prefecture. :D

dobharrison
June 12th, 2004, 00:42
adammoogle is in Leeds and there are some more, but of course they're not as sexy as Lancashire men!

adammoogle
June 12th, 2004, 01:15
lancashire is where losers go to die! :P

Leeds is where its at!! york is nice but full of tourists, we were filming there about a week ago, outside the minster, the mayor was there but hes not the mayor anymore, its all very confusing...

anyway, rally all yorkshire jets and strike down the southern scum!!!!

yorkie
June 12th, 2004, 01:21
I will be pleased to get away from the tourists after 4 years, that's for sure!! But I wll miss the prettiness!!

p.s Leeds is the best shopping place ever.....I'm hoping Tokyo will top it!!!!!!!!!

kitty
June 15th, 2004, 22:44
Yeah I'm a Yorkshire Jet, from Scarborough. Seems I'm swopping one coastal town for another!!! :)

adammoogle
June 16th, 2004, 00:59
yay, scarboroughs great! not as nice as whitby mind but a decent place nonetheless. I like ice cream floats from the harbour bar. :)

so where are all you lovely yorkshire people heading??? I'm off to yonago shi in tottori! apparently there has been a steady flow of leeds loiners to there over the years...

i'm leaving in group A but going to group B's orientation. £140 for a train ticket! 8O i'll be driving methinks.

kitty
June 16th, 2004, 04:30
Yeah Scarborough's cool, but after 23 years I'm glad to be moving away!!!!!

I'm in Group B heading to Hiyoshi Town, Kagoshima prefecture.

Gaz
June 16th, 2004, 20:42
Not actually a JET yet, just preparing for this summers application process and I'm desperately hoping to get on the scheme, but either was I'm studying in Bradford atm (sadly) :?

adammoogle
June 17th, 2004, 07:09
ooooh bradford!! a strange place of concrete and confusing road systems.

also the location my old micra decided to break down in (right in the middle of that huge roundabout with the burger king on it leading to the motorway)

i work just down the road from there in yeadon!

goodluck with ya application gaz, if they'll let me in youve got a pretty good chance! :)

kitty - is kagoshima down in okinawa??? u lucky bugger! :P

although i'm by the sea too, and i like the sea, and theres a mountain, with snow on it, so there!

kitty
June 17th, 2004, 15:14
No unfortunatly its not in Okinawa!!!! It's at the southern most point of Kyushu, so hopefully there'll still be some nice beaches and really good weather!!! :) . My pred's been really good, and been filling me in with all the info I need, and I'm liking the sound of it more and more.

:D

bollockovnikov
June 17th, 2004, 18:12
hello there.... i live in leeds at the moment, originally from huddersfield, does that make me very Yorkshire?

i'm off to kumamoto prefecture, near the city of kumamoto (mashiki-machi)

us Yorkshire people (especially the leeds crowd)
should go out on the piss before we head east

what you think?
leeds is a good place for it, very yorkshire central, very beer orientated :D

adammoogle
June 18th, 2004, 03:28
hello there.... i live in leeds at the moment, originally from huddersfield, does that make me very Yorkshire

well...i was born at the lgi, lived in leeds all my life, and currently work there now! so :P not as yorkshire as me! :wink: although i did sell out and go to uni in hull...

i also don't like huddersfield because the last time we went there to play basketball we got attacked by a geezer with a wrench! (we lost the game to :o )

a night getting slaughtered in leeds sounds good to me though :D whose in group b orientation, maybe we could sort out a trip down together (holding hands and singing happy songs optional)

0bvious
June 18th, 2004, 04:56
(i posted earlier as bollockovnikov because my logon wouldn't work for some reason - now it is again. whoopee, i can be 0bvious again)

yeah i'm in group B, living in leeds.

adammoogle, let us crusade to organise a piss up on the leeds town and a trip down to orientation, what do you say?

i think as well as this group there are other ways to spread the news through. anyone know any obvious ones?
any other lovely souls interested in a leeds piss up sometime soon?

here's what we'll do:
reply here with your name, when a piss up would be good for you (before the 5th/6th of july preferably)
AND most importantly your e-mail address

we can then start combining the info to form a definitive list of japan picc heads :twisted:

yorkie
June 18th, 2004, 18:33
I'd definitely be up for meeting up before we all go off to Japan...how's everyone feeling about going...nervous...excited....unprepared????!!!

Anway, me e-mail address is laurencampy@hotmail.com, if anyone wants to get in contact with me.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Lauren :)

0bvious
June 21st, 2004, 01:24
hello, just an update on the drink thing.......

i've heard from a handful fo people who are up for going out on the town before we head to japan. the bar and restaurant japanic in leeds has been offered as an option

its just about the closest slice of japan we'll get in leeds

so please come and play out for one night, hopefully withint he next 2-3 weeks

drop me a line at danrourke@bigfoot.com and i'll keep you all informed!