PDA

View Full Version : Contract and letter from predecessor!

Hannah
June 16th, 2004, 04:52
Hi,

I've just received my contract and a big parcel of stuff from my contracting organisation. It contained a letter from my predicessor including details of my job description. Is also had some scary photos of some of the people I will meet (supervisor, teachers, BoE bods!)

Anyway, I have been told about the 4 schools I will teach at, distance from my apartment and roughly how often, but it also says I have to teach an evening night class once a week by myself! No one told me about this before! Scary! I just hope they have 'get by' English already! Could be in for a few interesting Wednesday nights!

Anyone else had any 'nice' surprises regarding their placements?

Hannah X

PS Sorry about my spelling, I am very tired tonight. Just got back from taking 60 kids to an amazing Hindu temple in London. It was good training for taking shoes off!

kellicopter
June 16th, 2004, 05:06
hey hannah

i also have to teach 2 adult evening classes on wednesday night
but in return i get half day on friday so i finish at 12 pm..i think that is a fair trade off
maybe u could try work a deal like that when u get there

well let me know what ur evening classes are like..im also on my own for them ..i think that will be a nice change after human tape recorder at school :wink:

kell

Chiara
June 16th, 2004, 05:46
I've got a group of ladies to teach english to, and I have to look after an afterschool club... but I'm excited about all that :D

Dave
June 16th, 2004, 05:51
Apparently I get to run an English club for adults twice a month in the community hall - I'm really looking forward to this - it'll be nice to have some contact with grown ups! :)

Dion
June 16th, 2004, 09:05
I havent gotten any suprises, I have been asked to go to an english camp, it sounds fun, two days and BBQ....

morikyd
June 16th, 2004, 15:10
My only unpleasant suprise is that I am apparantly unable to drive a car to one of my schools. Its a 15 min walk to the train station, 5 mins on the train and then 30 min walk to the school. In the summer, ok, but it the winter, it seems a bit, well, cold! I don't want to go in and create a bunch of trouble, but thats really sort of annoying. I am thinking, maybe I can go to breakfast those mornings somewhere near the school, so I am not technically driving to school, find a place to park and then go to school. Dont want to step on toes but maybe know one will notice or care.

Nikbot
June 16th, 2004, 16:20
Still no news from the CO. No news is good news, I guess, but good news would be even better.

RSG
June 16th, 2004, 18:05
No, I haven't heard from the CO either, but have heard from another JET in the town and apparently mine is a new role at an elementary school so maybe they can't offer me much info?

llumynia
June 17th, 2004, 11:55
-edit-

Dion
June 18th, 2004, 00:30
I just spoke to my predecessor for like 1.5 hours, she was filled with great information!