PDA

View Full Version : Poor Effort by Kantonians..

Dave
June 16th, 2004, 22:24
Okay guys....
This isn't good. Our little group appears to be the least vocal, least 'together' little community. Even Hokaido is doing better than us! We don't even have a moderator! Come on people, lets pull together! :D

Maybe if we all gave ourselves a little introduction we could start the ball rolling...

My name's Dave! I'm from Staffordshire in the English Midlands, and I've been placed in Tochigi....um.....etc! :)

frizbri
June 17th, 2004, 13:12
I agree! We definitely need more messages happening...
My name is Bri, from Adelaide in Australia and going to Koshigaya in Saitama. Feels like a personals ad.... i like long walks on the beach... etc.
Actually I don't but what I do like is ultimate frisbee - is there anyone else going to the Kanto region who wants to play??????

Dave
June 17th, 2004, 19:32
ME! (please :D ) I mean, I'm rubbish at it, but I think it's great fun!
I have to warn you though....trees always seem to be in the wrong place whne I'm playing....
8O

Is you placement by the seaside then? I think mine's nestled between rice paddies and strawberry fields :? - no beach for me!

frizbri
June 18th, 2004, 16:02
YEAH ULTIMATE!!!!!
I'm nowhere near the beach either... was hoping to find a patch of grass somewhere if not I guess the middle of the road isn't too bad - and no problem with trees :)

Dave
June 18th, 2004, 20:39
Wahoo! looks like we have the beginning of a Kanto frisbee team! :D
I bet the others are soooooooooo jealous :)

Stargirl
June 18th, 2004, 23:49
Hi Dave and Bri... I thought I'd contribute a lil estrogen into the conversation since it looks like we need a lil variety. :D

My name is Maria. I'm from Toronto Canada and I've been placed in Chiba-ken. I DO enjoy walks on the beach but if I don't end up near one, I'll do the ultimate frisbee thing.

Dave
June 19th, 2004, 00:07
Hi Maria :D
We're gonna be the regional frisbee champions! I can just see it now......

felixthebrat
June 19th, 2004, 07:25
Hello everyone! I'm Kiriko from California, and I'll be in Maebashi-Shi. I'm really looking forward to the city life coming from a rural background. I'm sure I will want to go camping sometime as well. What I'm really looking forward to is a visit to a ritzy hot spring/hotel. I am stoked! :wink:

frizbri
June 21st, 2004, 14:44
Woo hoo!! We've overtaken Shikoku!
Go Kanto go!! :D

Dave
June 21st, 2004, 18:14
Wahoo!
I knew we could do it if we all pulled together! Way to go guys! :D :D
Do you think we'll all be grouped together at orientation? Is everyone else in group B? :)

besu
June 22nd, 2004, 13:04
Hey Dave,
I am in Group B and have been placed in Takasaki city. Just picked out my apartment and I am really getting excited about everything. Orientation should be loads of fun!

frizbri
June 22nd, 2004, 16:12
I'm Group A so I'll be there a week earlier...
I'll try to have the frisbee team up and running by the time you guys arrive!!

Dave
June 22nd, 2004, 22:37
Okay....you'll have the team strip and mascot sorted out by the time I arrive, I assume? :)

frizbri
June 24th, 2004, 13:15
I like pink... hope thats okay... :lol:
Not sure about a mascot but I thought of a name
'Kanto, can't catch' (can't throw, can't catch) - yes I'm a little bored at the moment...

sezlinc
June 24th, 2004, 15:59
And like Warnie when we get busted for taking medication into Japan that perhaps we shouldn't we can blame either Joe the cameraman or our mum!

Dave
June 24th, 2004, 20:37
well seeing as you're coming from Oz, do you think you could bring a kangaroo?
Kanto Can't Catch the Kangaroo! :D :)
...not so sure on the pinkness though...
.....or the performance inhancing cough syrup....

firebolt
June 25th, 2004, 03:35
Hey all!!

Just to add here...I'm from Vancouver, Canada, and I'll be going to Kanagawa-ken...I like a lil' hiking, a lil' dancing, walks, yep, sushi and bubble tea...
:)

frizbri
June 26th, 2004, 14:22
the pinkness is definitely negotiable...
not sure about the kangaroo though - it could take up a fair bit of my baggage allowance
btw - we're closing in on hokkaido... a few big days and we'll no longer be in 2nd last place!!

Dave
June 28th, 2004, 22:00
hehe I know - I've already warned the Hokkaido Bunch about the Kantonian Threat.....and accidentaly caused their post count to increase! D'oh! :roll:

Dave
June 28th, 2004, 22:20
Hey all!!

Just to add here...I'm from Vancouver, Canada, and I'll be going to Kanagawa-ken...I like a lil' hiking, a lil' dancing, walks, yep, sushi and bubble tea...

ohhhhhhhh what's bubble tea? I'm imaginig it's tea with bubbles? woah! sounds funky!

lilla_hallon
June 29th, 2004, 16:04
hey guys! I just noticed that there were two people on here going to Gunma ... I have been here for 2 years, so welcome! AND there is an ULTIMATE team (team? not sure, but games at least) in Maebashi on Sundays. hmm... jikoshokai? (self intro) I am from Vancouver Island, BC, CANADA. and really, Kanto is the best because we are close to Tokyo, snowboarding, onsens...

(sorry, am at my JHS and it is hot and my brain cells are jumping ship) :D

Antony
July 9th, 2004, 07:14
Hmm...much as I'd enjoy joining your pink-clad Ultimate team, I'm not sure I could handle the weekly commute. You see, my 'Tokyo placement' is a cruel misnomer: I'm on Hachijo-jima, an active(ish) volcano 300 miles south of Tokyo. Is anyone else heading out to the islands or am I truly the remotest JET?!?

Dave
July 12th, 2004, 20:32
ohhhh but it sounds pretty! :)

meowcarrot
July 27th, 2004, 11:28
Hi all,

My name is Samantha and I'm being sent to Kizarazu-city Chiba-ken from Oregon... It's not going to be much of a change. I am not a JET (I was just too good for them. That's what I keep telling myself.), but I'll be an ALT in elementary/junior high schools. I'm all for frisbee, even though I suck. When I get to Japan in August I'll start working on the pink uniforms :D

fenyx66
August 20th, 2004, 11:51
Ok, so I am probably the last person to reply to this thread, but I too am a kantonian in Meiwa-michi, Gunma. I played Ultimate frisbee once at my university, it was fun. I also like camping, and skiing (which I will be doing a lot of this winter in Nagano or anywhere else that is good). If its not too late, i'd like to play frisbee. I'll be in Japan on Wed, the 25th.

Dave
August 20th, 2004, 14:29
Hi and welcome to beautiful Kanto!
This is the lazy man`s ideal part of Japan.....very flat and commuter distance to Tokyo!
you`ll love it! :D Shit that sounds like I`m calling you lazy, which I am not. I am however, and I like it here. I keep getting into trouble today....

Fyrey
August 20th, 2004, 15:18
Indeed.

fenyx66- welcome to our vibrant and active sub-community here on ITIL :P

In other words, please, we need more honest posting on here.

fenyx66
August 21st, 2004, 00:08
Thanks for the welcome. I might be in the laziest town, its small and its flat (the highest point is on the riverbank) and I have still been instructed to rent a car. Which I might do just so I can take my evenings and weekends to explore my prefecture and region. Road trips are great. Has anyone stayed in those little capsule hotels in Tokyo yet? I might use those when I visit Tokyo on the weekends, unless there is something better and/or cheaper out there.

Dave
August 23rd, 2004, 12:54
In other words, please, we need more honest posting on here.:)

Hmmm.... I wonder what that could mean? :?: :?: :?:

Fyrey
August 23rd, 2004, 14:15
:P

Dave
September 3rd, 2004, 13:26
Does anyone else find it a little ironic that this thread is the most active (in a kinda non-active way) of them all in "Kanto" ?

yes I am bored :P

Purrdence
November 1st, 2004, 00:15
g'day! Desiree from Perth, western australia. I'm in Koshingaya with Bri!

Fyrey
November 1st, 2004, 18:40
Does anyone else find it a little ironic that this thread is the most active (in a kinda non-active way) of them all in "Kanto" ?

Not me. Actually this board is very busy. I just delete all the new posts to maintain a state of tranquility here.

Welcome Purrdence. Please give me someone new to talk to (that Dave worries me sometimes....)

Dave
November 1st, 2004, 20:21
Get lost purrdence!
Fyrey`s mine!
:P

Purrdence
November 1st, 2004, 21:01
:lol: :lol:

frizbri
November 1st, 2004, 21:53
Stop posting Desiree!! You've almost caught up to me ALREADY - and I know you've overtaken Nui :x

Purrdence
November 2nd, 2004, 01:55
post post post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Purrdence
November 2nd, 2004, 01:56
*does the posting dance* :P

frizbri
November 10th, 2004, 19:54
I really shouldn't have gone away for a week - I'm going to have to sneak around to your place and cut your internet cable :lol:

Purrdence
November 10th, 2004, 22:41
oh, I've been on message boards for years, dahling.. I am a posting pussy...

now that just didn't sound right... :P

Dave
November 12th, 2004, 10:08
What ever happened to Dave and Fyrey`s place? :(

Fyrey
November 12th, 2004, 14:08
Dave, reckon I should kick these two upstarts?

frizbri
November 12th, 2004, 17:23
Can't we all just share?!!

Purrdence
November 12th, 2004, 20:08
don't make me start marking my territory :P

frizbri
November 12th, 2004, 20:41
You really have that cat theme working well!

Dave
November 14th, 2004, 14:44
sniff.......Purrdence!!

Purrdence
November 14th, 2004, 15:45
*innocent eyes*

frizbri
November 16th, 2004, 21:14
Well that killed the conversation...

Dave
November 16th, 2004, 21:43
You know, maybe I`m just in a rubbish mood (admittedly, I am)....but I wonder.....what is the point of the Kanto forum anyway?

It`s not as though it is a wealth of useful information.
There are only 4 of us who ever even post here.
Most of the content could easilly fit into the "general forum" anyway.
I am the only Tochigi person even registered on ITIL !
WHAT IS THE POINT?
Maybe his moderatorship could enlighten us with his and this dump`s rasion d`etre. ?? :?:

Purrdence
November 16th, 2004, 22:00
heh.. well maybe we will want to have a meet up or something...

Dave
November 16th, 2004, 23:28
Great! your place tomorrow night?

Ini
November 17th, 2004, 00:05
There are only 4 of us who ever even post here.

Well I'm here so suckle at my all knowing teat!!!

Fyrey
November 17th, 2004, 09:54
Well I'm here so suckle at my all knowing teat!!!

Week by week, Japan is doing strange things to you my friend.

As for the raison d'etre of this forum, I have no idea. I'm just glad there isn't much to moderate (a topic of which I've noticed has caused much friction in other threads).

Anyway, I've pretty much pissed off to to just reading BD posts (oh the heresy), I don't know if its just me, but to (mis)quote an unnamed fellow Kantonian - ITIL just seems to be filled with opinionated Otakus who aren't even in Japan or on JET.

Where are all the old favourites? What happened to all the politeness? Why has everyone but me changed their avatars?

Bah, Humbug.

Dave
November 17th, 2004, 16:02
Yeah, I know what you mean Fyrey.
But about changing avatars....you have to move with the times don`t you know! That`s why I got a brand new.............rocket.
It`s the 3rd dave rocket to date, but think it will have a short lifespan. There`s something about it that I`m just not satisifed with.

Ini
November 17th, 2004, 16:49
Week by week, Japan is doing strange things to you my friend.

Yeah, I think its a result of inhaling too much of your cockroach poison - that and the black nikka