PDA

View Full Version : Visa forms

Petesmp
June 17th, 2004, 04:39
I was curious has anyone else recieved their Visa forms to fill out from their consulate? I am leaving out of Detroit and haven't recieved my forms to fill out. Anyones else?

Dave
June 17th, 2004, 04:46
I think most British people have recieved theirs... but I don't suppose that's much help really. :?

mchriste
June 17th, 2004, 08:24
Atlanta recieved theirs, I'll be turning mine in tomorrow.

IowaJET
June 17th, 2004, 09:53
Petesmp...I'm leaving from Detroit too....have you gotten anything from them? I got an e-mail almost two weeks ago about language materials and such, but I haven't gotten a thing.

Mac_North
June 17th, 2004, 10:04
Folks leaving Denver have until 09 July to submit their forms (says Matt the co-ordinator). I haven't received my form yet, but that's ok since I won't be states-side until 05 July. Just in time!

llumynia
June 17th, 2004, 11:40

Jay
June 19th, 2004, 01:29
I received all my visa application along with the information from CLAIR, but that was last month. They sent me an email acknowledging they had received my Passport, copy of Degree on June 2. So it's all taken care of. Now, all I need is to hear from my Contracting Organization. I've been getting emails from a CIR in Japan, asking how to pronounce my name, as well as spell it in Katakana. I sure hope some additional info comes in the mail today!

Mere
June 19th, 2004, 05:59
ooo ooo, you can download them here:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/apply-form.pdf

:)

Wait before you download and send those forms!

S.F. received their visa forms last week. But our consualte has special instructions and we need to follow a different visa application process than what it says in the JET handbook.

I would either wait for your counsulate's info packet or caontact your consulate to see what procedures need be taken.

But I wouldn't worry too much. We can't be a part of the JET program without a working visa. So everything should work out (no matter how slowly...)! :)

~Mere

mark
June 23rd, 2004, 05:38
I am also from Detroit and have yet to recieve any visa forms. Wrote an email to the consulate about a week ago asking when we will recieve our visa info and no reply yet. Not too worried since I believe they handle the visa right there at the consulate anyways, --not like they have to be sent off somewhere and wait in a long line or something. Once we send in the passports it shouldn't take any time at all. I'll start to worry once others from Detroit recieve something and I haven't!

IowaJET
June 23rd, 2004, 06:17
I panicked and called today and he said they'd mail our handbooks and visa applications in a few days.

melississippii
June 24th, 2004, 06:42
I'm also leaving from Detroit. I got my handbook from San Francisco (I interviewed there) but the only thing I've gotten from Detroit is that one email. I've called and emailed and can't get in touch with anyone.

Is anyone going to the E. Lansing orientation? I tried to RSVP... Has anyone received any more info about it, besides the date?

NSboarderchic
June 24th, 2004, 07:05
They mail it from the Consulate, right? Not where we're going to?

Hey Mac! Have you gotten yours from Denver yet?

Petesmp
June 24th, 2004, 07:46
. Lansing orientation? I tried to RSVP... Has anyone received any more info about it, besides the date?

I'll be in Lansing... I'm from Ohio. See you there.

mark
June 24th, 2004, 08:58
Hey IowaJet, thats good news that they will be sent out soon. Thanks for calling. I am living in Seattle for the time being but flying out from Detroit. See you all July 30th>

Mac_North
June 24th, 2004, 13:28
They mail it from the Consulate, right? Not where we're going to?

Hey Mac! Have you gotten yours from Denver yet?

I'm not sure. My brother appears to have fallen off the radar....

Petesmp
June 30th, 2004, 15:11
So I finally got my Visa form, but I don't know what airlines I'll be flying. So do we leave blank or wait till we find out?

morikyd
June 30th, 2004, 15:25
I second that question. Also, should we write down three years on intended length of stay or do we only put down one year, because thats how long the contract lasts?

Cory
July 1st, 2004, 00:52
So I finally got my Visa form, but I don't know what airlines I'll be flying. So do we leave blank or wait till we find out?

Hello Pete!

We will be flying Northwest. There should be a sample VISA application form on the back of the Detroit Consulate's instruction page.

My main concern has been the "length of stay" spot--but I think this is amended with every year's paperwork...

-Cory

morikyd
July 1st, 2004, 06:17
Thanks, you guys are awesome!

morikyd
July 1st, 2004, 10:19
Feeling silly now, but I have a couple more questions if anyone is willing...
First off, when they ask for the name and address of the organization we belong to, do we give the address of our BOE or some official JET address?
Also, same question when they ask for our garentor or reference...BOE or JET?

Ferby
July 1st, 2004, 16:36
morikyd,
I'm not sure if you have a sample sheet but all of that is filled in for you, you just have to copy it as is. I would give you the info off my sheet from the Detroit consulate but I am not 100% sure that everyone's is the same.
If all else fails try contacting the consulate!

morikyd
July 1st, 2004, 17:11
Nothing is filled in on mine. And I apparently missed the memo on how to fill it out. Not that its rocket science, but obviously, its not something I want to screw up.
Poor Doug. I guess he'll be hearing from me.

Petesmp
July 2nd, 2004, 14:39
I found out from Detroit you should put Northwest Airline under airline and no matter what they told me to put 1 year under length of stay.