PDA

View Full Version : Boxing?

Lyrit
May 27th, 2007, 09:36
I've been doing olympic style boxing for about a year now, and was wondering if there were gyms and the sort around Japan for that sort of thing. I'm sure in Tokyo, Osaka, etc. but I was wondering for those out in the more rural areas how common an occurance of boxing/martial arts gyms were? Essentially, if I wanted to hit a heavy bag, how far would I have to travel?

My apologies if this has already been discussed to wits end.

mteacher80
May 27th, 2007, 10:04
well I know that karate gyms usually have a heavy bag, i know for sure there are two in my town and it is not that big, i am not sure if you will be about to find a trainer or a sparing partner but if you are the type to train by yourself, then finding a bag and a place shoulnt be taht hard...

Hyakuman
May 27th, 2007, 10:35
Any decent quality gym will have a heavy bag, and some will even have a nice small boxing ring to practice your footwork. I used to go to a really nice gym called WOW'D (stands for Workout World) and on top of having an awesome ofuro, there was a whole boxing section that had heavy bag, gloves, and a small ring. In fact, every Wednesday (I think) there was a boxing clinic where they brought in a pro-boxer to help train people who signed up for the classes. Only downside was that it was really expensive, about 9000 yen per month!

Lyrit
May 27th, 2007, 12:19
That's not bad actually, about what I'm paying now for my boxing gym. Thanks :)

tash_bert
May 28th, 2007, 16:17
Any decent quality gym will have a heavy bag, and some will even have a nice small boxing ring to practice your footwork.

My gym has this set up. The most expensive anytime, everyday monthly membership is 8000yen. My town only has around 60000 people (supposedly, though it seems smaller) so if a gym here has it, I'm guessing most of the others would too.