PDA

View Full Version : Ch-Ch-Changes

Ham
May 30th, 2007, 04:35
Does anybody know if it's possible to change your placement once you've got it? I've been placed about 600 miles from the person I'm travelling with! Any help? Thanks

Sheepy
May 30th, 2007, 05:15
I would say... not a chance

natsume
May 30th, 2007, 05:33
The person you're traveling with??

I think one, the other, or both of you should drop out.

jerico2k
May 30th, 2007, 06:19
The person you're traveling with??

I think one, the other, or both of you should drop out.

I'm sure this post has nothing to do with Natsume wanting an upgrade :wink:

filmic
May 30th, 2007, 06:32
I think there's literally zero chance of being able to change your placement. 600 miles isn't that bad - at least you're in the same country. I don't think there's such a thing as 'travelling' with someone on JET unless you applied as a couple and even then, it's not guaranteed.

Why not start thinking of it along the lines of it being an amazing opportunity wherever you are? If your friend is 600 miles away then that's someone to stay with in a different part of Japan.

Or there's always telesales in India...

kiwimusume
May 30th, 2007, 07:34
Or if you REALLY wanted to be together, you could always do what some couples have done when they've been split up - one of you drops out, like natsume said, and gets a job with an eikaiwa or something...just a suggestion...

Doomer
May 30th, 2007, 07:51
As others have said...I say you have NO CHANCE of getting it changed...

Alex_X
May 30th, 2007, 08:37
Agreed, no chance.

FatherLarryDuff
May 30th, 2007, 08:45
Get married, quick!

May 30th, 2007, 08:54
You could go for a year- and then apply for an inter-prefectural transfer. But these are dependent upon your BoE being prepared to do some leg work for you (writing a letter of recomendation, etc) the pref. you want to move to acepting you, then finding you a placement - basically at best its hit and miss.

Also, the only things that really qualify you for a trasfer are marrage or serious illness (an illness that requires you be someplace that can treat you, or a place your not allergic to rice pollen, or whatever).

FatherLarryDuff
May 30th, 2007, 09:27
Imagine being badly allergic to rice pollen...in Japan! You'd be fucked!

Celia
May 30th, 2007, 11:31
No chance. The one with the more inaka placement should drop out and get a private job.

Ini
May 30th, 2007, 11:44
Imagine being badly allergic to rice pollen...in Japan! You'd be fucked!

Because of all those paddy fields in central shibuya?

Trivial
May 30th, 2007, 12:32
Or you could request to be moved to a military base if you have that horrible strain of Yellow Fever where you are allergic to J girls.