PDA

View Full Version : Availability of pipe tobacco?

nuttybuddy
June 13th, 2007, 08:05
Just curious if anyone knows how easily you can find pipe tobacco in Japan. My tobacconist told me good tobacco is hard to come by in Japan, but maybe he just wants me to buy alot before I go.

Sheepy
June 13th, 2007, 08:09
Can I see what your pipe looks like?

dombay
June 13th, 2007, 08:17
I thought only old sailors smoked pipes?

At any rate there's not a lot of old sailors in japan if that answers your question?

Timoshi
June 13th, 2007, 08:33
What about shisha?

Do they have that anywhere in Japan???

Nmuei
June 13th, 2007, 08:36
I've heard of a few places in Tokyo, but if you're looking for in home stuff I'd say just order it online. The stuff is pretty fuckin cheap and you have a better selection than anywhere I've bought from in the states.

nothing123
June 13th, 2007, 08:46
I reckon I'd be too nervous smoking a pipe for fear that I'd raise it above horizontal and get all the hot oils and gunk from the bowl of the pipe rushing down into my mouth.

I hear that shit will make you vomit violently.

D-Lux
June 13th, 2007, 08:51

That's an unfair stereotype.

He could also be a detective.

nothing123
June 13th, 2007, 08:52

That's an unfair stereotype.

He could also be a detective.

:lol:

nuttybuddy
June 13th, 2007, 08:58
For Sheepy:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_FNvNatoMUFo/Rm8xUxlGDXI/AAAAAAAAAAM/qRsX0uaWJh0/s400/IMG_0262.JPG

Nmuei, were you talking about shisha or pipe tobacco?

heatherG
June 13th, 2007, 09:06
What about shisha?

Do they have that anywhere in Japan???

Would also like to know about this!

(a.k.a. nargile or hookah)

Sheepy
June 13th, 2007, 09:15
Not bad not bad]

My grandfather used to smoke a pipe that he had since WW2
I was always scared I'd break it

Do you rest you arm on a mantlepiece whenever you see one?

mteacher80
June 13th, 2007, 09:16
I dont smoke, so i am not an expert on this, but i do know there is a really nice tobacco place in the town next to mine, as my friends are always getting really nice cigars, cubans, dominicans what have you, they also have like 500 brands of ciggs.....at that place they have a decent lot of pipe tobacco, but i am not sure how good it is or waht the price is,

but the point to this story is, if Kusatsu-city in Shiga, has a nice place to by tobacco i bet you can find it in pretty many places..

nuttybuddy
June 13th, 2007, 09:27
I wish I had a mantlepiece precisely for that purpose! Instead I have to settle for gazing off the balcony into the distance :/

Thanks mark!

Nmuei
June 13th, 2007, 10:46
I was talking about shisha tobacco. Nakla is easy to come by online.

dombay
August 5th, 2007, 20:32
I found the answer to your question, Nuttybuddy.

There is a shop that sells it in Nanba in Osaka that I walked past today. So there you go.

Probably no good to you if you don't live anywhere near Kansai but if Osaka has it Tokyo or Sapporo or other big cities probably do too.

nuttybuddy
August 5th, 2007, 20:54
well, a three hour ferry or hour and a half train ride isn't too much to ask! Thanks for thinking of me, Dom!

dombay
August 5th, 2007, 20:58
well, a three hour ferry or hour and a half train ride isn't too much to ask! Thanks for thinking of me, Dom!

Just read your profile. You're in Kagawa. You're my neighbour sort of! I can see Kagawa from my office window.

Yea you can get the Marine Liner from Takamatsu in not very much time then it's just 45 minutes on the shink from there to Osaka. If you're going to head onto Honshu you aren't going to want to bother stopping in Okayama except to change trains anyway and go someone awesome like Hiro , Kobe or Osaka.

I love Shikoku ... ah ... so pretty.