PDA

View Full Version : J summer course in Osaka

dombay
June 21st, 2007, 13:27
Anyone else going to this?

Japan Foundation JET course.

I really didn't think I would be accepted. A bit excited really.

Any familiar faces going?

wicket
June 21st, 2007, 13:32
Congrats, Dombay! I hope it's fantastic. I didn't apply because I was applying for Tokyo orientation and the dates clashed.
The Osaka-fu BoE sent all prefectural JETs on a 2-day immersion course at the Japan Foundation and we stayed overnight etc. It was fantastic!

jacqui
June 21st, 2007, 13:34
link? what is it?

June 21st, 2007, 13:38
What is it X2

dombay
June 21st, 2007, 13:42
Oh it was this intensive week long course thing that we were sent details about ages ago. You had to make an application telling them how good your Japanese is and how you study really hard and that kind of stuff.

I told the truth and that's why im surprised they accepted me.

mteacher80
June 21st, 2007, 13:45
i went last year, it was pretty cool, it isnt a course that teaches you alot as it is only two weeks, but it shows you how to use what you already know to learn more and gives you lots of resorces both hard copies and also internet links.....

it is in rinku town, just across the water from the airport, but there are decent beaches and a huge jusco down the street, you can check out bikes and ride around,

they give you a test similar to a JLPT at the begining and then group you to ability.

about 7 in a class, four classes a day and home work (listening and writing) every night, but there is a lot of time to go in to osaka at night and it runs over a weekend with no classes

well that about all i can remember.

tash_bert
June 21st, 2007, 13:45
A friend went on that last year, said it was really good. Oita Kencho wouldn't let kencho ALTs apply though. That sucked.

jacqui
June 21st, 2007, 13:49
ahhh... that sounds really cool, congrats!!

June 21st, 2007, 13:50
Awesome Dombay!

dombay
June 21st, 2007, 14:05

Mark, do you remember how much it cost you?

Im going to send myself really really broke this summer. I desperately need clothes and i have to go overseas to get them unless i want to look silly or don't want them to fit well :(

mteacher80
June 21st, 2007, 16:42
i was given special leave but had to cover the trip there and back and all food, though they have a pretty cheap cafe there to eat at.....the hotel like rooms that you stay in are all part of the school and was covered by Clair? JET? dunno exactly but i didnt pay a thing for the class

wicket
June 21st, 2007, 16:43
As far as I remember, Dombay, your lodging and the course are paid for. You'll have to pay for the textbook (think they said it was around 5000 yen) and maybe for transport there?

mteacher80
June 21st, 2007, 16:45
ou'll have to pay for the textbook (think they said it was around 5000 yen)

forgot about that, it was like 2200 last year and if you have any extra cash like up to 5000 they have some great books for sale, i got one all about gitaigo, and gionngo, and giseigo.....it was pretty cool

dombay
June 21st, 2007, 17:48
Awesome, thanks :)

Tralala
June 24th, 2007, 15:03
I heard something about those courses last year but never got any info about them. How did you all find out and who all can apply???

dombay
June 24th, 2007, 16:03
My supervisor gave me a bunch of paperwork to fill in about all sorts of things one day and that was among it.

its for JETs with intermediate level Japanese (so finished 3kyuu work but not really very 2kyuu or so i got the impression from the forms).

Ini
June 25th, 2007, 13:28
Because that sounds much more fun than getting drunk on a beach.....

dombay
June 25th, 2007, 19:42
I missed you so much, Ini.

kiwimusume
June 25th, 2007, 21:42
*wolf whistle*