PDA

View Full Version : Squat Toilet Converter

July 5th, 2007, 12:38
My new-to-me apartment has a squat toilet that has a converter on it to change it to western style.

I know toilet seats can get hella cold in the winter and I've grown accustomed to the heated seat toilet that I have now.

Does anyone know if you can buy converter seats that are heated? If so, I'd be willing to fork over some cash to replace the other one.

KateW
July 5th, 2007, 12:54
I dunno about that, but you can always just go to the dollar store and get one of those toilet seat covers. I personally hate them, but most of my friends have them, to keep your buns warmer.

Pish, heated toilet seat, ya pansy.

July 5th, 2007, 13:05
Pish, heated toilet seat, ya pansy.

Totally agree!

And the toilet seat convertor was nearly a man as it is, imagine a fancy one

July 5th, 2007, 13:13
hehe, I'm totally willing to shell out if I could get one that was heated. I'll be the first admit I'm a pansy. :p

I don't like the toilet seat covers either because I think they're germy. :?

BUT...I'm not griping...I'll deal with whatever I have to deal with. I just was curious if heated toilet seat converters are available cause I'd definitely invest in one if they are.

Ini
July 5th, 2007, 13:24
Just piss on the seat before you sit down, makes it toasty warm.

dombay
July 5th, 2007, 16:24
Piss is steril ... stop being such a wuss!

Learn to squat like man! (or a woman!)

Pandilex
July 5th, 2007, 19:48
heated toilet seats are the most retarded idea ever.

those toilet seat covers stop it being cold, cost 100 yen, and can be washed if you shit on them by accident.

chibitotoro
July 5th, 2007, 19:57
I think you guys are just jealous because you don't have one. My fancy-pants expensive apartment came with a washlet complete with heated seat, and it fucking rocks. Taking a dump during the winter never felt so good.

dombay
July 5th, 2007, 20:01
My toilet's just bog standard (ah, i pun so well i could be postin on BD).

It does the job.

I really don't want to end up spending more time than is necessarily going to the toilet.

Have you see toilet queues in this country. At home it's something that only happens in women's public shitters but fuck me dead, japanese men hole themselves up in there for hours.

July 5th, 2007, 23:36
My ass comes with its own toilet heating mechanism. That, and the initial cool dash of porcelain is awesome.

July 6th, 2007, 06:44
Have you see toilet queues in this country. At home it's something that only happens in women's public shitters but fuck me dead, japanese men hole themselves up in there for hours.

Nobody queues up for my toilet. It's just me. That means I can take my time if I want.

If the rest of my apartment had reasonable heating I wouldn't be so concerned about my ass freezing to the toilet seat. But as it is, a heated seat is probably a cheaper investment than central heating and redoing the place with proper insulation.

dombay
July 6th, 2007, 07:03

Nobody queues up for my toilet. It's just me. That means I can take my time if I want.

If the rest of my apartment had reasonable heating I wouldn't be so concerned about my ass freezing to the toilet seat. But as it is, a heated seat is probably a cheaper investment than central heating and redoing the place with proper insulation.

I meant at public toilets.

But then again i still im not the type to spend more time than necessarily in my own toilet too.

Jessi
July 6th, 2007, 08:35
I took a trip to Japan last year, and it was my first encounter with heated toilet seats. Probably the best one was of this heated toilet set that came with instructions that said, "Please turn off seat warmer for young children, the elderly, or the intoxicated." It then went on to show what not to do when on the pot. The two signs that stuck out in my mind were of someone fishing in the toilet and someone standing on the lid.
:lol:

July 6th, 2007, 08:57
gee, I'd hate to think what you'd catch by fishing in a toilet. :o

I'd never encountered heated seats until I came here either and I love them BUT...in a heartbeat I would trade a heated toilet in a frozen apartment for a regular toilet in a heated apartment. :P

July 8th, 2007, 21:06
The first time I saw one of the japanese wonder toilets was in Narita airport when I first arrived. All I remember is some girl screaming from the stalls "HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?!?!?!?".

Hyakuman
July 9th, 2007, 05:41
hahaha, the seat must've gotten a little too hot for her, eh? :lol: man, some of those heated seats can get really hot, i know that for sure!! :smt005

mteacher80
July 9th, 2007, 08:50
i actually dont mind a cold or cool seat.....when it is warm i always think.."man somone was just sitting here.." however....bring on the squirting water....squeeky clean!!

b.limey
July 17th, 2007, 13:18
My apartment has a squat toilet with a converter. Because the converter is made out of lightweight plastic it doesn't actually conduct much heat, so it really doesn't feel that cold even in winter.

josy
July 20th, 2007, 09:40

wash them lots??

July 20th, 2007, 11:37
My apartment has a squat toilet with a converter. Because the converter is made out of lightweight plastic it doesn't actually conduct much heat, so it really doesn't feel that cold even in winter.

I agree, mine felt fine to me, but some people have tender bums it seems

July 20th, 2007, 15:03

wash them lots??

So I am finally wrapping my head around not having a seat warmer and decided that I could just stock up on 100 yen seat warmers and throw them away as they muck up, using them just during the coldest part of the winter.

I don't really trust that my washing machine gets things 100% clean...especially having no hot water and all. :smt009