PDA

View Full Version : Get out of MY JAPAN

samesong
July 13th, 2007, 11:28
'Cause I'll be there in two weeks. There's only room for one of us.

http://commanderbond.net/resources/sections/literary/2306_rb_interview/rb_in_yukata.jpg

Zee
July 13th, 2007, 12:09
It bothers me that that looks like a thermos of hot drinkage. But that glass was surely not meant for hot drinks. But maybe he likes to suffer, which I thought was really only a fate inflicted by those who are brave enough to order tea from Iranian restaurants that then serve them in glass without handles so you can admire the pretty amber color.

psychohistoric
July 13th, 2007, 12:14
There's only room for one of us.

Last time I checked, Japan was soaked in my urine. So, no, you filthy bruise-handed noob, it is my Japan.

Actually, it's Dob's Japan, but I'm resident care-taker while he's off giving a guest lecture at Villanova.

Zee
July 13th, 2007, 12:17
B-bu-but I thoought it was Paul's Japan! Or is that only if you're name is Paul Synnott and some weird doppleganger that may or may not be related to him with the weird spelling? How many Japans are there? :?:

July 13th, 2007, 12:19
It bothers me that that looks like a thermos of hot drinkage. But that glass was surely not meant for hot drinks. But maybe he likes to suffer, which I thought was really only a fate inflicted by those who are brave enough to order tea from Iranian restaurants that then serve them in glass without handles so you can admire the pretty amber color.

A thermos can also keep things cold :wink:

And this is indeed Dob's Japan

samesong
July 13th, 2007, 12:31

Damn. :(

Guess I should cancel my flight.

July 13th, 2007, 12:34

Damn. :(

Guess I should cancel my flight.

You can pretend :roll: I never see gaijin unless I actually go find them. So while I am in my town I feel like the queen of My Japan

Zee
July 13th, 2007, 12:37

Awww...but that's not nearly half as fun. Not that i know whgy though. :smt009

Ini
July 13th, 2007, 13:21
Pah, it was my Japan back when Dob was still buying his fake TEFL qualifications in Thailand

dombay
July 13th, 2007, 13:33
I saw another gaijin at my gym last week. Excellently he probably works for nova or something and will be gone next week. Though stabby stab stab was tempting.

heatherG
July 13th, 2007, 13:55
Though stabby stab stab was tempting.
Wow I am staying far away from Yorishima.

dombay
July 13th, 2007, 13:57
I try to as well!

wicket
July 13th, 2007, 14:29
I was MY Japan before some of you were even born and certainly while a lot of you were still toddling around in nappies.
...God, why did I bring that up?...

Fin
July 13th, 2007, 15:22
Hey, I'll swap you my Japan and a bag of gummi bears for your Japan and half your chocolate bar... deal?

Lyrit
July 14th, 2007, 00:24
depends... are they haribo gummy bears?

KateW
July 14th, 2007, 00:56
I have to share *MY* Japan with a city full of obnoxious American navy. *mumble grumble yankees*

Lyrit
July 14th, 2007, 01:45
Hey, what's wrong with the navy? *pause*... oh... right... Well, they're not all bad. Really, the intel and science boys are quite nice.

psychohistoric
July 14th, 2007, 08:18
I have to share *MY* Japan with a city full of obnoxious American navy. *mumble grumble yankees*

Be grateful they're not Marines.

Timoshi
July 14th, 2007, 08:38
The USS Kittyhawk stopped over in Sydney for some R&R last week... or at least I think it did... come to think of it... it could have just been a floating trailer park... I couldn't really tell the difference to be honest :|

KateW
July 14th, 2007, 08:53
Some of them *are* Marines. Though, to be honest, in my experience the Marines are generally less...well the Marines are usually a bit more tolerable when I've chatted with them. Since the Marines is a harder program (I don't know military lingo) to belong to, they're a little less "WEE HOO FREE MONEH AFTER HIGH SCHOOL!"

Is that not your experience, psycho?

dorovar
July 14th, 2007, 12:05
Yeah, one of my best friends was in the (US) navy, but transferred to the army. He's the biggest asshole I know, but when he was in the navy, apparently everyone else were all assholes too, so I'd have to agree with Kate.

jacqui
July 14th, 2007, 15:23
the marines are the worst in okinawa. whenever you here about the military causing shit here it's always the marines.

the airforce guys seem to be ok. except for waking me up with their jet runs at 6am. *scowl*