PDA

View Full Version : No, seriously. FUCK this shit.

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 16:58
I have an impacted tooth and tooth infection. It really sucks. It hurts to the point that talking is difficult, and foods that you have to actually chew are a big no-no. It's been a lot of soups and curry lately.

I have a doctor's appointment this coming Monday for them to check how the antibiotics are helping. The pain pills they gave me do jackshit, but I assume that the antibiotics are at least doing something. Since they can only see me in the morning, I have to miss school for this.

Here's the reason why I'm pissed. I just got a phone call from my supervisor telling me that any days that I miss because of my tooth will be taken from nenkyuu and not sick leave. Is this even allowed? I told him that we're scheduling my surgery on Monday and he said that he would "put me down for nenkyuu paid holiday" on that day.

Am I right to be livid about this?

Sciby
January 16th, 2008, 17:07
Absolutely. Circumvent them and go to the vice-principal or higher.

Being in extreme pain is not a holiday.

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 17:16
Absolutely. Circumvent them and go to the vice-principal or higher.

Being in extreme pain is not a holiday.

This is my supervisor, as in, the head of the Board of Education.

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 17:25
Check contract. Post again.

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 17:29
My contract just says the basic "If injury or sickness renders the ALT unable to perform duties, s/he will receive sick leave."

It also has a section in it saying "The Supervisor has the right to change any aspect of the contract throughout the year".

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 17:37
Then it's fucked and you should go and raise hell about it.

Sciby
January 16th, 2008, 17:40
The head of the BoE may be your employer, but they're not your supervisor. A teacher or the VP at school should generally be your supervisor. Unless the head of the BoE is watching over you at work every day, they ain't it.

Regardless, it's nothing to do with the BoE. Nenkyu and sick leave are administrated by your base school (and subsequently any visit school you have), so talk to the school about it and ignore the silly BoE person.

mteacher80
January 16th, 2008, 17:41
talk to your PA, this is not nenkyu if your contrac has byokyu expresly written in.....a japaanese teacher on the other had would ahve to use nenkyu for this and that is where the heads of boes and some schools get confused

Timoshi
January 16th, 2008, 17:52
talk to your PA,

+1

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 17:53
talk to your PA,

+1

Ah your PAs a doll too, seriously.

She once really helped me out with something even though she's not my PA.

cb
January 16th, 2008, 18:29
The head of the BoE may be your employer, but they're not your supervisor. A teacher or the VP at school should generally be your supervisor. Unless the head of the BoE is watching over you at work every day, they ain't it.

ESID... not true for me. No base school or any of that nonsense. I'm not a one shot either. I report to the BoE, and a staff member there is my supervisor. I'd imagine mine isn't a unique situation.

wicket
January 16th, 2008, 18:34

Regardless, it's nothing to do with the BoE. Nenkyu and sick leave are administrated by your base school (and subsequently any visit school you have), so talk to the school about it and ignore the silly BoE person.

Wrong, Sciby, at least in your case and mine. Mr N. at the Osaka-fu BoE is most definitely our supervisor and we're employed by the BoE, not our individual schools. Your school "supervisor" is more accurately known as a "go-between" in Osaka-fu, although many people refer to them as supervisors for the sake of convenience.

Right, Sciby, schools are responsible for the paperwork involving nenkyuu. The Osaka contract states that I'm entitled to up to 5 days of sick leave without a medical certificate, but I sucked it up and took nenkyuu for a day I had off last month even though everyone knew I was sick. It just wasn't worth the fight. For the OP, can you get a certificate from your dentist stating you are unfit to work? Then they have to give you sick leave. Raise a slight stink if you need to, but weigh it up against the fact that Japanese staff in your position would definitely take it as nenkyuu.

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 18:38

Wrong, Sciby, at least in your case and mine. Mr N. at the Osaka-fu BoE is most definitely our supervisor and we're employed by the BoE, not our individual schools. Your school "supervisor" is more accurately known as a "go-between" in Osaka-fu, although many people refer to them as supervisors for the sake of convenience.

Right, Sciby, schools are responsible for the paperwork involving nenkyuu. The Osaka contract states that I'm entitled to up to 5 days of sick leave without a medical certificate, but I sucked it up and took nenkyuu for a day I had off last month even though everyone knew I was sick. It just wasn't worth the fight. For the OP, can you get a certificate from your dentist stating you are unfit to work? Then they have to give you sick leave. Raise a slight stink if you need to, but weigh it up against the fact that Japanese staff in your position would definitely take it as nenkyuu.

I can't talk. It's pretty painful to just open my mouth at this point. I better get this as sick leave.

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 18:51
Wicket the Japanese staff in his position get 40 odd days nenkyu, plus tokkyu plus ridiculous amounts of summer leave plus probably some nenkyuu if they have surgery or something. And a bonus.

Bottom line is he's not a Japanese member of staff.

cb
January 16th, 2008, 18:55
I think that's her point. Most likely they're taking it as nenkyu for him because that's what they'd do for themselves. Problem is, he isn't one of them. Make sure they understand that.

wicket
January 16th, 2008, 18:56
Wicket the Japanese staff in his position get 40 odd days nenkyu, plus tokkyu plus ridiculous amounts of summer leave plus probably some nenkyuu if they have surgery or something. And a bonus.[quote/]

Japanese staff get 20 days, same as us, and can accumulate them for 2 years (40 in total) and so can we.
I realise he's not a Japanese member of staff, but without a certificate it can be really difficult and cause huge staffroom strain, even though it's obvious you're in pain or unwell. I was throwing up with a fever of 39 and still sucked up the nenkyuu. Mind you, it was one day, not several. Blame previous ALTs who took advantage of days without classes and just called in sick - some of them did it once a fortnight or more, which is just ridiculous.
I'd be handing it over to the PA after getting some documentation from the dentist.

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 19:01
Wicket the Japanese staff in his position get 40 odd days nenkyu, plus tokkyu plus ridiculous amounts of summer leave plus probably some nenkyuu if they have surgery or something. And a bonus.[quote/]

Japanese staff get 20 days, same as us, and can accumulate them for 2 years (40 in total) and so can we.
I realise he's not a Japanese member of staff, but without a certificate it can be really difficult and cause huge staffroom strain, even though it's obvious you're in pain or unwell. I was throwing up with a fever of 39 and still sucked up the nenkyuu. Mind you, it was one day, not several. Blame previous ALTs who took advantage of days without classes and just called in sick - some of them did it once a fortnight or more, which is just ridiculous.
I'd be handing it over to the PA after getting some documentation from the dentist.

Absolutely certain that's not the case where I'm from.

I get 15 days anyway and new teachers have more than double than what I have from my understanding plus they get other kinds of leave I'm not entitled to.

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 19:05
Also gaijin should be entitled to more leave generally for the kinds of unique bullshit that we need it for that Japanese people don't. Things like depression related to isolation, culture shock, going to big cities or overseas to get clothes or shoes that fit, dealing with immigration, general everyday stuff that takes longer because Japanese is not your native language, etc. he shouldn't be forced to use one of those days that he might need because he has to get a medical procedure undertaken.

Sciby
January 16th, 2008, 19:36
ESID... not true for me. No base school or any of that nonsense. I'm not a one shot either. I report to the BoE, and a staff member there is my supervisor. I'd imagine mine isn't a unique situation.

So you're one of the folk that are based at the BoE, and sit at a desk there when not at a school?

Well, Mr. N and Miss H. said to me in my meeting that I was employed by the BoE and my supervisor was someone at the school... I haven't looked at my paperwork, and I'll admit I was wrecked at that point, but I remember being surprised, because afaik, it was like you said, BoE = overall supervisor, some teacher = honourary title, but supervises day-to-day activities.

Perhaps it's all just semantics anyway. Mr.N is my BoE supervisor who is in charge of me in a broad, JET-related view, but my local teacher is my supervisor in a narrow, school-related view. In fact, I don't even know who my school supervisor is. I just kinda do stuff. :?:

Right, Sciby, schools are responsible for the paperwork involving nenkyuu. The Osaka contract states that I'm entitled to up to 5 days of sick leave without a medical certificate, but I sucked it up and took nenkyuu for a day I had off last month even though everyone knew I was sick.

There's a fight to get time off? I had a cold in mid-Nov... I rang up and said "I'm sick, see you tomorrow." and nothing has been said to me since... is it really that harsh to get a sick day off at other schools?

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 19:58
I have a base school, and I'm actually under two different BoEs. I have a local, village BoE and then the city BoE. Nobody at the village BoE speaks English (aside from one guy in the Sports/Culture section who told me not to ask him for any more help translating :( ) and the guy who took me around, helped me set up my bank account, is in charge of my schedule, etc. is at the city BoE. My base school, they're clueless half of the time.

If I can barely talk, but didn't get an explicit note saying "ALT cannot work in this condition", will a receipt/whatever from the hospital suffice? The painkillers aren't doing shit, and even then, they only gave me 5 days worth.

dombay
January 16th, 2008, 20:02
I have a base school, and I'm actually under two different BoEs. I have a local, village BoE and then the city BoE. Nobody at the village BoE speaks English (aside from one guy in the Sports/Culture section who told me not to ask him for any more help translating :( ) and the guy who took me around, helped me set up my bank account, is in charge of my schedule, etc. is at the city BoE. My base school, they're clueless half of the time.

If I can barely talk, but didn't get an explicit note saying "ALT cannot work in his condition", will a receipt/whatever from the hospital suffice? The painkillers aren't doing shit, and even then, they only gave me 5 days worth.

Is there a local doctor in your village? I'd just go and see him if you can. My one gave me the most ridiculous set of drugs that made me hallucinate and didn't make me feel better at all when I was ill ... try your luck asking for some vallium or something ... might do the trick.

Capsaicin
January 16th, 2008, 20:05

If I can barely talk, but didn't get an explicit note saying "ALT cannot work in his condition", will a receipt/whatever from the hospital suffice? The painkillers aren't doing shit, and even then, they only gave me 5 days worth.

Is there a local doctor in your village? I'd just go and see him if you can. My one gave me the most ridiculous set of drugs that made me hallucinate and didn't make me feel better at all when I was ill ... try your luck asking for some vallium or something ... might do the trick.

There's a small clinic, but no pharmacy nearby. Closest is probably a 45 minute drive.

mteacher80
January 16th, 2008, 20:24
a lot of small clinics have drugs on site. and i still say it is shit if you have to use paid leave for this, contact your pa in the morning, i actually think i am going to put a post on the pa messege boards and ask what different kens do in byokyu situations.

wicket
January 16th, 2008, 20:37
This will sound crazy, but get some cloves and chew them. If you can't chew at all, which is what it sounds like, crush them (or buy clove powder) and mix it with whiskey or rum and pack your tooth with it. The alcohol helps the cloves taste better and just might kill a few germs while it's at it.
Tooth-ache is THE WORST pain. Ever. And I've had a broken jaw, a dislocated shoulder, various lumps cut out of me and two rounds of eye surgery.
I hope you get some sleep tonight.

January 16th, 2008, 23:28
I'm not sure its been posted so: the medical certificate you need is a Shindansho 診断書 It might cost you a couple of thousand yen and you'll have to ask for it specially, but if you don't get it then you can't prove you were ill - a perdantic BoE would deny your byokyu request.

This problem is one of my least favorite - and one that I'm totally with Domday on. (For the reason that we have a contract that sets everything out - I follow it, and in return I expect my BoE to follow it - bugger "cultural norms" in this case. I'm not going to give up 1 day of my precious nenkyu just because other teachers with much more nenkyu do so. If I had as much as they have I'd be more inclined to give up a day, but as I don't I won't.)

As other people said, read your contract and talk with your PA before you do anything, hope it all works out.

Thundryn
January 17th, 2008, 00:08
This will sound crazy, but get some cloves and chew them. If you can't chew at all, which is what it sounds like, crush them (or buy clove powder) and mix it with whiskey or rum and pack your tooth with it. The alcohol helps the cloves taste better and just might kill a few germs while it's at it.
Tooth-ache is THE WORST pain. Ever. And I've had a broken jaw, a dislocated shoulder, various lumps cut out of me and two rounds of eye surgery.

Wicket, I had an infection similar to Capsaicin's a few years ago and I tried the cloves because I had read about them online. They really didn't seem to help me. It might be worth a try though, maybe you'll have better luck.

And to Capsaicin, I sympathize with how you feel because my infection was probably the worst pain I've ever had to endure. Having it right in your head is unbearable because you can't try and ignore it. I couldn't open my mouth to even eat anything, much less attempt talking so there would have been no way I could have taught. Luckily mine occurred during a time when I didn't have classes or work to contend with. I was also lucky that they gave me some nice Vicodin to forget about the pain. I don't think I could have survived without the Vicodin.

dombay
January 17th, 2008, 00:31
Hello Tom,

Haven't seen you in a while.

How have you been keeping?

littledoll
January 17th, 2008, 01:51
I just had oral sugery at the end of December, and had all kinds of stupid complications and crap happen. I totally agree with wicket, at one of my follow-up appointments the doctor put essentially an herbal poultice that contained a bit of freezing that would dissipate during the day. I'm sure it was mostly made of cloves, because my mouth tasted really strongly of cloves for the next 2 days.
I'm apparently stupidly resistant to most painkillers (such as taking Percocet and still being in unbearable pain and not getting any of its side effects, same with T3s), but the clove poultice thing helped immensely. So I think sucking on cloves or chewing cloves is worth a try at least!

amagaeru
January 17th, 2008, 10:07
ugh, that is such crap. wth goes through these supervisor-from-hell's minds when they pull BS like this? it's no skin off his teeth whether you take nenkyuu or byoukyuu- you get paid either way. and it's not like tooth surgery is an easy/common thing to fake.

I just don't understand what makes some people act so mindlessly anal and bitchy about stupid shit.

AnruiUkimi
January 17th, 2008, 11:14
I definately think that is absolute crap. I had my bottom wisdom teeth pulled a year ago, and I had a nasty case of dry socket develop. I felt like shit for several weeks. I called off work for the first time ever at that job, and I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it. My head felt like it was going to explode, as your's seems to as well, by your account.

This is definately a sick-leave situation, so I hope you are able to convince the right person to back down. :|

Good luck!

jacqui
January 17th, 2008, 11:38
What Tom said. Get yourself a certificate to say you need to be off that day. If you don't have a hard copy of something, there's nothing to prove that you're not just sitting around at home that day (yes, even though everyone can see you're in pain, their supervisor's at the BOE can't, and that's probably who they're wary of).

If you have byoukyu in your contract (check it - all BOE's contracts are slightly different, don't just check the handbook), and you have the certificate to say you need to be off, they can't make you take nenkyu for it.

(Can you tell I'm applying for PA? :P)

amagaeru
January 17th, 2008, 14:01
I had a nasty case of dry socket

ugh, what's dry socket, preciousss?

this whole thread is making me think of that one Ren and Stimpy episode... where all Ren's teeth fell out, leaving only stinking rotting holes and twitching nerve endings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren's_Toothache/Big_House_Blues#Ren.27s_Toothache

Erdrick
January 17th, 2008, 14:12
Its when after the tooth is extracted and you have that gaping whole where the tooth once was. It gets filled with some particulate matter from food and becomes mildly infected. Made seeing 'The Last Samurai' even more painfull. :lol:

AnruiUkimi
January 17th, 2008, 15:46
I had a nasty case of dry socket

ugh, what's dry socket, preciousss?

this whole thread is making me think of that one Ren and Stimpy episode... where all Ren's teeth fell out, leaving only stinking rotting holes and twitching nerve endings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren's_Toothache/Big_House_Blues#Ren.27s_Toothache

Erdrick has got the general idea. :)

Consult this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_socket for the whole grisly details.

Except with me, that 24-72 hour average suffering time was a big fat lie. I was down for the count MUCH longer, and I had to return to the dentist several times for pain relief of any type. I suppose it might happen when it was discovered that one of my wisdom teeth was somewhat impacted AS HE WAS TRYING TO GET IT OUT. After yanking at it with pliers for some 45minutes, it shattered into pieces and he picked them out. Not his fault, it didn't show on the x-ray.

Needless to say, that is the side that got dry socket. :smt073

Enough about my wangst, I sincerely hope you can get this sorted out, Capsaicin. :/

cb
January 17th, 2008, 16:20

Make sure there are no interactions between the pain killers you are on and alcohol before (if) you follow this advice. Look up your drugs, ask the doc, or call up your doc across seas and ask.

Trenody
January 17th, 2008, 17:39
I was reading up on this stuff when the tooth problem was mentioned a day or so ago. I read on a site that the cloves can act as a pain reliever, but the site went on to recommend against using them if you have an infection. Apparently, cloves can actually further inflame the infected site. So...careful with that. :-(

January 17th, 2008, 20:46
I'm doing alright Dombay, but they're doing something with the computers at my base school, so I can't get on ITIL in the day, and I don't often check it outside of school...

Capsaicin
January 18th, 2008, 01:08
Somebody ratted me out to my PA.

I think his name rhymes with "dombay".

:x

(no hard feelings, k?)

Waldroon
January 18th, 2008, 03:19
Somebody ratted me out to my PA.

I think his name rhymes with "dombay".

:x

(no hard feelings, k?)

Wha?

dombay
January 18th, 2008, 08:19
Never!!

(How is she by the way)?

Capsaicin
January 18th, 2008, 09:20
Never!!

(How is she by the way)?

She's Steph. Take that as you will.

(read: she's awesome)

mteacher80
January 18th, 2008, 09:53
so how awsome is she? did she get you your byokyu?

ChuChuRocket!
January 18th, 2008, 10:16
As someone who had a dry socket after his wisdom teeth were extracted, I send you my love. It was one of the most painful things of my life.

I actually blacked out at one point from the pain two days after the extraction. Oh what a fun christmas that was.

Capsaicin
January 18th, 2008, 10:58
so how awsome is she? did she get you your byokyu?

She's told me she's had the problem before, and all I have to do is go and get the doctor's note and if they say no then, I can bring it up with the ken.

amagaeru
January 18th, 2008, 14:58
Consult this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_socket for the whole grisly details.

ugh! that sounds terrible. or would if I could actually read the article. I can't get past the phrase "tooth extraction site", to be honest... :smt108

Switches
January 19th, 2008, 17:34
Let me know what happens.

Capsaicin
January 20th, 2008, 23:19
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, where I'm going to ask for stronger pain killers.

I've been given Voltaren, which a) isn't helping at all and b) has apparently been taken off the market in America due to causing heart problems.

I haven' been at work since Tuesday, since it hurts to even open my mouth. I've been living off of tomato soup and rice for the past week, except for Friday and Saturday where I broke down and went to Cocos and Nagasaki Chanmen to get real food.

I'll post an update tomorrow.

Switches
January 20th, 2008, 23:57
Doctors in Japan generally have a big book of drugs. Find something good like Percocet. Should help.

January 21st, 2008, 09:39
I've been given Voltaren, which a) isn't helping at all and b) has apparently been taken off the market in America due to causing heart problems.

Because people were overdoing it :roll:

nothing123
January 21st, 2008, 10:52
Doctors in Japan generally have a big book of drugs. Find something good like Percocet. Should help.

Boring over at BD, goon?

Capsaicin
January 21st, 2008, 14:22
Just got home.

They squirted some stuff on it, told me to come back Friday to have it cut out. Today's appointment took about 10 minutes, tops.

I got my doctor's note for last Wednesday through tomorrow (since I can still barely open my mouth to talk). Gave it to my supervisor, who looked at it, laughed, then did the head cocked to the side teeth-suck chotto.....

I have no idea what he's going to do. I'm missing work Friday as well, and they said they had to use local instead of general anesthetic. That worries me. :(

Capsaicin
January 22nd, 2008, 12:20
Update: Was called and woken up this morning by my other supervisor. Giving the Shindansho to my immediate supervisor wasn't enough or something. He didn't mention anything about nenkyuu/byoukyuu, but seemed extremely displeased that I'm having surgery at a time when I have classes.

I'll be buying a whole lot of pudding cups and yogurt Thursday night.

mteacher80
January 22nd, 2008, 12:58
where the hell do you work, that sounds harsh man, i hear the miyagi jets have to put up with a lot of shit sometimes you up there?

Switches
January 22nd, 2008, 13:35

Erdrick
January 22nd, 2008, 13:47
Update: Was called and woken up this morning by my other supervisor. Giving the Shindansho to my immediate supervisor wasn't enough or something. He didn't mention anything about nenkyuu/byoukyuu, but seemed extremely displeased that I'm having surgery at a time when I have classes.

I'll be buying a whole lot of pudding cups and yogurt Thursday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rglPZ975H34&feature=related

Copy the video in this scene onto a DVD and hand this to those who have a problem with you having needed surgery. Should solve all of your problems.

Quick edit, the profuse use of the work FCUK might be NSFW, headphones are recomended.

Timoshi
January 22nd, 2008, 13:51
... except for Friday and Saturday where I broke down and went to Cocos and Nagasaki Chanmen to get real food.

Since when have they served real food at Coco's? :?:

Capsaicin
January 22nd, 2008, 13:52
... except for Friday and Saturday where I broke down and went to Cocos and Nagasaki Chanmen to get real food.

Since forever 'cause Cocos is the best chain restaurant in Japan. :|

Better than goddamned Lotteria, anyways.

Edit: I'm in Yamacoochie. If switches is who I think it is, she's my PA.

I'm going to go turn in my recontracting papers today and ask if I'm getting nenkyu or byoukyu for this.

Switches
January 22nd, 2008, 14:03

Since forever 'cause Cocos is the best chain restaurant in Japan. :|

Better than goddamned Lotteria, anyways.

Edit: I'm in Yamacoochie. If switches is who I think it is, she's my PA.
i'm going to go turn in my recontracting papers today and ask if I'm getting nenkyu or byoukyu for this.

Look fuck 'em go straight to the big BOE in the "city" and scream blue murder about this awful mess.

monkey_bum
January 22nd, 2008, 14:18
I asked my kyoto sensei when I can use byokyu and he said that it is for extended sick leave, but if I want to take a day off here and there, I have to take nenkyuu. I just bit the bullet, and let it slide.

but seriously, you have it written into your contract. take your contract with you, shove it under their nose and say, "KORA, YONDEKUREEEEE!!!" <roll the hell out of your "r"s>

if that doesn't work, it will at least make for a great story for us to tell the jet who replaces you.

Capsaicin
January 30th, 2008, 19:23
Update:

Finally had the tooth removed today. It sorta hurt like hell. I spent 45 minutes wincing in pain and asking for rest every 5 or 6 minutes because the pain was too much. They were using the little crowbar type apparatus. The drill didn't hurt that much.

Finally, the doctor in charge looked over and said "Just give the gaijin more anesthetic!"

Then they pumped more local into me and I was done 10 minutes after that, stitched up to completion.

Now I go back tomorrow and they do something else, Ionno.

MostHolyPorcine
January 30th, 2008, 19:35

Ahhh the big book of drugs.....absolutely worthless. When I had my accident and they were only giving me puss drugs, I printed out a list of every narcotic pain reliever. We spent nearly an hour going through that book...all the drugs were all either illegal , not there, or just simply misunderstood by the doctor (he told me that vicodin (hydrocodone) is a steroid that does nothing for pain). They don't believe in treating pain here. Doctors think any dose of narcotic pain killers will get you instantly addicted and so never give any to anyone but the worse (i.e. terminal) cases. Worthless fucks, all of 'em.

But man....I feel for you. I had my wisdom teeth taken out in two sessions, and both times both sockets became dry sockets. I don't know how I would have made it through the pain without percocet.

Erdrick
January 30th, 2008, 19:49
Percocet almost put me into a coma. I'm really susceptible to anything with a sedative. I can only take a half a T3 or I'm out for like 2days tripping balz, and sleeping.

MostHolyPorcine
January 30th, 2008, 20:25
Well, yea, but its one AWESOME coma.

Capsaicin
January 30th, 2008, 20:34
I'm not so much feeling pain right now, luckily. I don't know what they gave me.

Switches
January 30th, 2008, 21:16
Good to hear. We will sick the Japanese PA on your CO if they misbehave again.

ChuChuRocket!
January 31st, 2008, 12:48
True story.

Last year another alt at my BOE called in 'sick'. We have a rather liberal boss, that or he doesn't give a rats ass, and all we need to do for a sick day is actually go into the doctors and bring back the receipt. Well this guy went in and listed off a whole host of mild and non-serious symptoms to the doctor, one of which was that he wasn't sleeping. The doctor's response was "You sound stressed, have some Percocet." Yeah. He got hard drugs because the doctor thought he was stressed.

I love that doctor.

nothing123
January 31st, 2008, 13:16
Sucks that you have to go to the doctor.

I was clever and told them when I got here that I get migraines and that there is nothing a doctor can do to help me. I just have to take the day off. They let me take sick leave whenever, no doctor needed.

jacqui
January 31st, 2008, 13:53
Me too. Going to a doctor for the occasional migraine day off would really really not be cool, considering all I can do on those days is lie in bed in a quiet, very dark room.