PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarten-level English

jacqui
April 17th, 2008, 09:32
So this year I have a whole new set of elementary students at my handicapped school. I was expecting to just recycle my old material, but their level is a lot lower than my other elementary students (as in, my last ones could speak better English than my high school students, and these ones don't yet know the alphabet).

I'm having great fun with it so far, but I'm a bit stuck on the transition between alphabet & numbers, and actual words and sentences.

And I'm writing up a curriculum. Got the first 2 months covered (alphabet, numbers, basic spelling & greetings), but a bit clueless after that.

That was a very long way of saying, does anyone have any good ideas about teaching kindergarten-level English? Or know any websites with ideas for curricula?

wicket
April 17th, 2008, 11:53
greetings, colours, animals, simple songs with gestures (eg old mcdonals)
BTW jacqui (and please do pardon my ignorance), who's the guy in your avatar?
Because every time I see him I feel like a paedophile.

jacqui
April 17th, 2008, 15:37
Thanks, yeh, I got all those.

I remembered that I should teach them the months and days too. Duh. :P

Maaaay have enough for a year's worth of us. We shall see once I finish up the complete schedule.

The guy in my av's name is Tsumabuki Satoshi, otherwise known to me as "The hottest man in the universe". He's 27 (I think?), so you'd only have been a paedophile 11 years ago. ;)

karatemollie
April 17th, 2008, 18:40
"I like ..."
Food
Family
Verbs (run, jump, smile,etc.)

wicket
April 17th, 2008, 20:54
The guy in my av's name is Tsumabuki Satoshi, otherwise known to me as "The hottest man in the universe". He's 27 (I think?), so you'd only have been a paedophile 11 years ago. ;)
11 years ago I could feasibly have been teaching him ichinensei English if I'd still been in Japan. So yeah... 27's a bit young!
Must be something about having "toshi" in his name. My vote for hottest Japanese guy is Sakurai Kazutoshi (lead singer of Mr Children):