PDA

View Full Version : Pension booklet - erg.

KateW
July 1st, 2008, 08:33
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a 'durp' thread but I am in a mad rush today and don't have much time to do searching (plus I'm wicked awful at it).

If I've lost my blue pension booklet (which I don't even remember getting, goddammit), where do I apply for another one? I'm checking to see if my school has the number so I don't NEED one, but if I do need to get another where do I go? Who do I talk to?

Anybody know? Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Okay so apparently they do have my pension number on record. I just need the number right, not the book? So I'm in the clear even without the little blue booklet...riiiight?

Wodess
July 1st, 2008, 11:06
Um, as far as I know you have to send the blue book with the request for a refund of your pension. I don't know if there is an option to not send it or say that you have lost it.

To get another blue pension handbook I think you have to contact the Social Insurance Agency (that is what our leaving package info says anyway).

Are you sure that your school don't have it put somewhere safe for you?

mteacher80
July 1st, 2008, 12:27
you dont have to have it to get your pension, but it helps, in time mainly. you can apply for a new one, just get your school supervisor or BOE supervisor to help you contact the Social Insurance Agency as stated above, but they can only release it to you, meaning they can send it to your school or boe, if you dont personally ask them to.

KateW
July 1st, 2008, 19:45
you dont have to have it to get your pension, but it helps, in time mainly. you can apply for a new one, just get your school supervisor or BOE supervisor to help you contact the Social Insurance Agency as stated above, but they can only release it to you, meaning they can send it to your school or boe, if you dont personally ask them to.

I'm a bit confused here. I don't need one but I should ask for another? In a CLAIR newsletter I received it said that we needed the booklet or just the number if the booklet is lost. Do you need to send the booklet along with the forms to apply or something? I thought the number was enough?

mteacher80
July 1st, 2008, 20:10
the number IS enough but it just goes faster with the booklet

tedcase
October 28th, 2008, 15:07
What blue booklet?
Anyone have a photograph of it?

mteacher80
October 30th, 2008, 12:35
http://shibao.blogzine.jp/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/06/sia.jpg

Wakatta
November 3rd, 2008, 00:22
My supervisor told me that I don't have to pay into the nenkin fund if I don't want to. (???) Is that really true?

Erdrick
November 6th, 2008, 03:31
If you don't have the pension book, or don't remember getting it, ask your sup or BOE. They might have received it and never given it to you.

tedcase
November 17th, 2008, 11:07
Yah, mine was locked away in a safe in my school office.
I had never even seen it before.

Good thing i checked.

SumoBoy
December 16th, 2008, 16:51
I didn't recall getting the little blue book either. I only heard from others leaving at the end of the first year that they needed it.

So I asked my supervisor who swore I was given one. I told her I didn't recall receiving one and if I had I must have lost it.

Anyway, she told the BOE about it and I got a new one. Took about a month if I recall. I keep it locked in my drawer now. They told me to look after it

Don't know if you need the book or just the number, but it seemed important to them that I had the book.

I think if you are making enquiries over the phone the number is alright, but for documentation form requests, the book may be required.