PDA

View Full Version : How advanced are SHS 2ABC/3ABC students?

puma
August 19th, 2008, 10:43
I have made lesson plans for my 1 ABC classes, but now I need to make plans for 2ABC and 3ABC without any text books or materials to guide me. I asked my JTEs what ability levels they are at and they really gave me nothing to go on, so I have no clue what these kids are supposed to be able to do/not do.

What should 2ABC/3ABC students be able to do?

Timoshi
August 19th, 2008, 10:54
Are you at an academic, vocation, business or low level high school?

PM me your lesson plan if you like, maybe I can help

... I really have nothing better to do...

puma
August 19th, 2008, 12:02
It's academic.

So far I've developed five lesson plans for my second years: directions, personlity/feelings, taking public transport, clothes shopping, and relativity (such as here/there/this/that/near/by etc)...mainly lots of grammar/vocab, games, and a few review worksheets.

Sound about par for ninenseis?

Timoshi
August 19th, 2008, 13:13
If it's an OC class, you probably want to emphasise the talking aspect as opposed to the grammar. But yeah, easier said than done.

Perhaps before you fire a content heavy class at them, you could give them something open ended and you can gauge what their level is?

Maybe in groups you could get them to make a poster on a topic you're interested in. Get some people write, some to present and one person to draw...

Get them to survey each other about a topic. Group them up, get them to come up with some questions and get them to ask the other tables.

Make them think of some questions to ask about you, see how sophisticated their questions are...

Unfortunately everything is ESID! Good luck.