PDA

View Full Version : Add a section for Reviews

jboze84
October 17th, 2008, 14:36
Just an idea, but maybe we could add a section for reviews of things like learning software/texts, foods, restaurants, bars, night clubs, tourist traps. I guess one could always just start a new thread in one of the other forums but it would just get buried right away and I think it might be useful to have a separate section.

Any thoughts?

Sciby
October 17th, 2008, 18:17
Not to preempt the option from Paul or ITIL, I set up http://www.japanbars.net for the bars and restaurants side of things a little while ago. Seems to have a few people adding stuff, but it obviously doesn't cover the other stuff you mentioned. A workable option is to have a stickied thread of all the useful threads that get buried, if a full section isn't warranted.

jboze84
October 17th, 2008, 18:30
Thanks for the input Scibs. I just thought it might warrant its own section since you get tons of people starting threads about the same thing; ie which Japanese text is the best. If people wrote reviews or comparisons and these were easy to find I think it would cut down a lot on those types of posts. It could also help to draw people to the site by giving people living here, or looking to live here, a quick answer to how good/benificial that software/text/etc is.

AndrewR
October 17th, 2008, 20:33
Yeah, because I'm dying to read about some shitty bar you visited in the middle of fucking nowhere or what piece of crap you are using to learn katakana

jboze84
October 17th, 2008, 20:43
Yeah, because I'm dying to read about some shitty bar you visited in the middle of fucking nowhere or what piece of crap you are using to learn katakana

Finally the real Ini shows up. Anyway some people might review where to get a good bucket of chicken (other thank KFC) or where you can get some good material to wank to.

AndrewR
October 17th, 2008, 20:47
you work in a school so the wanking material is taken care of and where else are you going to get decent chicken from? you can rave on about your local yakitori place all day long but when its all said and done you are still eating chicken testicles off a cocktail stick.

jboze84
October 17th, 2008, 20:49
Damn it, you're right as usual.

dombay
October 23rd, 2008, 18:54
We used to have a wiki.

Dob posted most of the articles.

Noone ever read the wiki.

A reviews section would be the same as the wiki except without Dob I sort of thing.