PDA

View Full Version : Must/must not grammar activity or game?

katsudon
November 7th, 2008, 08:52
I've been tapped to prepare a short activity or game for the grammar point 'must/must not' for my class. Just wondering if anyone knows a good one. :)

katsudon
November 7th, 2008, 10:15
Nevermind I made this awesome worksheet.

AliDimayev
November 7th, 2008, 11:24
Not bad. I have printed it and put it in my folder for possible future use. :)

violetessence
November 7th, 2008, 14:13
I may use this. :) What level is this aimed at?

katsudon
November 11th, 2008, 22:10
I made it for Junior High 2nd years, but I think it could be used in any level. I think the novelty of the different signs can overcome its simplicity with older students.

Obviously for any younger students you might want to simplify it a bit (2 or 3 options instead of 4). Going to be using it tomorrow, if it goes over well I'll report back in.

wicket
November 11th, 2008, 22:22
For SHS 1st year we worked on school rules in schools from different countries to revise "must/must not". Each group of 3-4 students researched a different country and made an illustrated poster. They really seemed to enjoy seeing what was similar and different to their school.
For a demonstration lesson I had them ask visiting ALTs a set of questions they had prepared, using "When you were a high school student, did you have to...(wear uniform)?" and "When you were a high school student, were you allowed to...(wear makeup)?" ALTs were primed that they needed to answer with "Yes, I had to...", "No, I didn't have to...", "Yes, I was allowed to...", "No, I wasn't allowed to..."