PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got their refund yet?

fiona259
November 23rd, 2008, 23:17
Waiting on my pension refund and wondered whether there is cause for concern.

Did mine first or second week of August. Has anyone who returned in '08 (to the UK) got theirs back yet?

Thanks

wicket
November 23rd, 2008, 23:35
Shit! What with all the kerfuffle of a lightning trip back to Oz and then coming to the UK, I completely bloody forgot to file for mine. Thanks for the reminder!
I have heard they can take up to 6 months, though, so if you haven't received yours yet, I wouldn't worry.

Dave
December 1st, 2008, 20:22
Took me over a year to apply... whoops.
Anyway, just a thought, do they calculate the amount they refund using the exchange rate at the time of application? I really hope so!

Oh and hello to any of the oldies if they still hang around...

AndrewR
December 2nd, 2008, 20:53
None left here, its all boring colonists these days. Even that porker Paul doesnt bother to come here much these days.

It all went downhill when dobs donkey died

wicket
December 3rd, 2008, 05:14
yay paul - hurry back. we needs drinks on the antrim coast!

ini - dobs' donkey was always doomed. but at least it died with a smile on dobs' face.

AndrewR
December 3rd, 2008, 07:41
ahh yes, the boring colonist on cue.

Fyrey
December 3rd, 2008, 08:41
Took me over a year to apply... whoops.
Anyway, just a thought, do they calculate the amount they refund using the exchange rate at the time of application? I really hope so!

Oh and hello to any of the oldies if they still hang around...

They calculate at the time of transfer to your account. It can take up to 9 months in the end.

wicket
December 3rd, 2008, 15:51
I looked at the paperwork last night and got an immediate headache.
Is it really that complicated?

Fyrey
December 3rd, 2008, 20:13
No.

kalliea
December 4th, 2008, 11:17
Yes

Fyrey
December 5th, 2008, 03:44
Again, no.

Comparatively, with the application procedure for the JET Programme itself, I don't think you can call this complicated.

To get the lump sum back, not including the 20%, doesn't take too much effort - there are more bureaucratic procedures in life.

AndrewR
December 8th, 2008, 23:04
you get a part time cleaning job or something?

wicket
December 9th, 2008, 04:53
Go on then, ini, post us a pic of your own phenomenal abs. That'll teach Paul a lesson.