PDA

View Full Version : What the hell does this mean?

Wakatta
December 21st, 2008, 14:51
A friend sent me this weird image of like a catgirl with a squid on her head, and asked me what the text means. I don't get it at all.

http://kurotama.sakura.ne.jp/product/rks/image/ch09.jpg

My best guess: Before performing care for Erukaa S, unfortunately to this day an especially strict environment for the trauma (room?) is employed. (contrary to what is normal or expected) she doesn't talk with people very much, (instead) she's always with her sole friend, the squid (Zeppii-san) who is always there. Basically, she does not trust the person in charge.

Huh?

ampersand
December 21st, 2008, 22:21
Before being protected by ?Erker S?, she was regrettably still carrying trauma from particularly brutal circumstances. As she doesn't like to talk to people, her only friend is the squid Zeppii who is with her always. Basically, she doesn't trust strangers.

Magic Power: "A Wall Around The Heart" Geisterwand

It creates a barrier which goes around the surroundings. [What's a better way to say this? I can tell what it does, but am having trouble putting it in English.] It's a defensive ability, but the effect can also be an attack.

"The connection between people, that's just a fantasy." [I'm not as confident about this part.]

ampersand
December 21st, 2008, 22:29
Hrm. Based on the German that's with it, I'd change "A Wall Around The Heart" to "Spirit Wall". It works both ways in the Japanese. And I'd change that middle part that I rendered very clumsily to the much simple "It creates a surrounding barrier."

Wakatta
December 22nd, 2008, 00:05
Thanks!

And man, that's so weird.