PDA

View Full Version : July 2009 JLPT

katsudon
January 26th, 2009, 14:24
As many of you already know, there will be an additional offering of levels 1 and 2 of the JLPT in July.

The test date will be Sunday, July 5th. Application period is from March 27th to May 1.

Will you be taking it? I will be taking level 2 if I failed to pass the December test. However, I am not sure what I will do if I passed level 2 in December. Mostly because I feel like I am still at a solid JLPT2 level in Japanese ability and see absolutely no way I could pass JLPT1 in July. Thus I would either pass on this test or try level 1 even though I wouldn't pass it come July.

Atalante
January 26th, 2009, 14:34
Eh, no question that I passed 2kyu this year...I had hoped to take 1kyu last year but wasn't confident enough and didn't want to be stuck with no certification. This July test is really the best chance I have of doing it now, so I have to do my best and hope to pass it this time, otherwise I may not have a chance to take it again!

Ah well, just need a few months of solid cramming, right?

UPGRAYEDD
January 26th, 2009, 14:49
I'll be going for 2kyu.

I've been cramming kanji and related vocab for awhile now. The gap is still huge though.

From now until April I'm studying kanji and vocab. Once April hits I'll half my kanji/vocab study and hit the grammer books. In June I'll start listening practice.

dombay
January 26th, 2009, 17:17
Pretty sure I failed 2q in december on the strength of bombing the listening alone thugh I think i did all right on the first and last sections. So I am not studying directly for the JLPT in July now but I'm reading a book in Japanese and watching some television, chatting in bars, general kind of study at the moment and when I get the results I will direct my study towards 2q for July if I failed which I'm pretty sure I did.

Gusuke
January 26th, 2009, 17:25
Taking it if I failed 2Q, I'll start studying once I get my results back next month.

katsudon
January 26th, 2009, 17:54
I'm studying for the JLPT 2 at the moment, at least in the sense that I'm working through Kanzen Master JLPT2 because...I never did get through it before December.

pah...hate Kanzen Master so much.

Gusuke
January 26th, 2009, 20:18
I guess if doing the advanced JET course counts, then I'm studying ATM.