PDA

View Full Version : Last class for 3nensei

loppster
February 3rd, 2009, 12:48
I have my last class with some SHS 3rd graders tomorrow.

My supervisor wanted me to plan a fun party for them. After having 2 "game-days" in a row with them, i have no idea how a "party" is different from a "game day". (no snacks allowed) She said that since it's their last class with me, they should talk with me. (they usually do, they are awesome outgoing kids) and she suggested that they make me "thank you" cards. maybe a game here or there.

now that seems a bit awkward to me... Hey kids, its our last class, now write me a thank you letter for being a superb ALT.

any other suggestions?? (50 minute class..) I want to exchange emails to keep in touch... but thats all i really want to accomplish for tomorrow.

katsudon
February 3rd, 2009, 15:05
Can you do a makeshift yearbook in English? Since it's tomorrow I know you don't have a lot of time...You could write up a letter for them wishing them well in the future and make little booklets and tell them all to sign for each other and give each other messages in English. Make a sample and give them tips on what to write and help them translate. And exchange emails like you want to.

(If you haven't done a class on signatures, this would be a great time to teach them how to sign their name in English and be all coolio like you are.)

loppster
February 3rd, 2009, 20:20
oh really good idea! I like! i was thinking of a collage type thing... but i have no magazines or newspapers or anything... so it would basically be them cutting and pasting their own papers onto another paper.

Yearbook 2009. It has a nice ring to it.

Thanks!