Thread: 404 Not Found Error

Default 404 Not Found Error

Anyone else getting this problem? It's really annoying... especially when you make a LONG typed up post and hit send and it doesn't go through... not only does it not go through, it is LOST as well. Please bring back the old server! Please fix the problems!!!
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Default Re: 404 Not Found Error

I`ll second that. I`ve had problems at three different locations now.

I tracked the issue down to a host server problem. Basically, it was resolving to the wrong host a certain percent of the time. It should be fixed now, though!

If you have any more problems, get back to me.
    "The complex Japanese language and its writing system are inventions of the devil, designed to prevent the spread of Gospel."
    -Francis Xavier (1506-1552)

I'm still getting your bastardly 404 problem, Trivial... I have to log in through the IP.

The pissed meter is climbing!
    Nah, but seriously you new nameservers suck dude.

Okay, relax, Sciby and I will take another look at it in a little bit. There's always problems to be worked out when there's a transition to a new server. It hasn't even been a week yet!
    "The complex Japanese language and its writing system are inventions of the devil, designed to prevent the spread of Gospel."

There will be blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Okay, relax, Sciby and I will take another look at it in a little bit. There's always problems to be worked out when there's a transition to a new server. It hasn't even been a week yet!
    Shouldn't take a week to sort out a DNS issue. Email your host and start shitting bricks on them.

Yeah it's periodically locking me out too. Sometimes it'll work, other times it says "Not Found". Booooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Shouldn't take a week to sort out a DNS issue. Email your host and start shitting bricks on them.
    Up until today I assumed that it was a school network issue, since I had only received two complaints about it, and am not experiencing the problem myself. We're working on it now.

I'll kill your future children for this travesty Trivial.

Doesn't do O-ramas

seems better over here today...most of the time it directs here, sometimes it directs to the old dns whereas the other day it would never come here...it seems to be getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    I tracked the issue down to a host server problem. Basically, it was resolving to the wrong host a certain percent of the time. It should be fixed now, though!
    When you say things like this it always sounds so advanced and high-techy. But I also suspect you were like "oh forgot to click this button", and bammo....fixed. I just don't know what to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    I always wanted to play black flag football, but there were never enough minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldroon View Post
    When you say things like this it always sounds so advanced and high-techy. But I also suspect you were like "oh forgot to click this button", and bammo....fixed. I just don't know what to believe.
    That's actually almost exactly what happened.

At school, I had to type in the IP address to get ITIL to come up, this was at around 3 pm..

If you get anymore of those 404 errors after tonight, please post them here and I'll know to send a mail bomb to the host.