Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JET, ALT, eikaiwa, AEON, which should i do?

That is a pretty bitchin' image.

Default Re: JET, ALT, eikaiwa, AEON, which should i do?

lol, it's a coconut crab

it makes me sick
    always a JETsmaid, never a JET.

I have seen a lot posted on the internet about heavy handed sales tactics used by some of the schools... how is ECC in this regard? I think very highly of ECC and hope to be one of their teachers in the near future.

Not to be the random pro-Interac person by any means (since I'm very aware they mess a lot of people about, and I'm not sure anyone has an entirely problem-free time with them) but... I, and most of the Interacs in my area, have had a pretty painless time with them. Our branch office is, if overworked, fairly nice - though Interac across the board is extremely stingy with allowing you to take paid vacation days. They call them vacation, but really you're only allowed to take them to see the doctor and stuff.

To be honest, if you go with Interac you're not likely to have that much contact with them. You spend all your time at your schools (which are sorted out by the BOE), you send in your proof-of-work and travel sheets every month by fax, and Interac pays you. Occasionally you go to a regional meeting.

In the year and a half I've worked with them, I've never been paid late, and never had much cause to complain. I also find the salary perfectly sufficient, especially for the work I do and the massive amount of holiday we get, though that might be something to do with living in the country. I'm really happy with my situation.

Our work is the same as JET, because Interac doesn't interfere with the BOE or schools beyond specifying when we have to be at school.

Just for another point of view.
    failure is just success rounded down, my friend!

Banned

yeah, but you do get paid significantly less right?

Yeah, we get about 5man less a month. (and less in August and December, of course) But to be honest, since I have enough to live, eat, go out at the weekends, go on trips in summer and still have money to buy random things I like, it's not as though Interac forces you to live in poverty.

But it's true, we can't go out and randomly buy expensive TVs like JETs seem to
    failure is just success rounded down, my friend!