Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Interview Success Rate

Did someone say P&P??? I must admit, although P&P is my favorite novel of all time, the BBC version isn't my favorite. I don't know why - for some reason I just don't really like Jennifer Ehle as Lizzy. The Keira Knightley movie is one of my favorites, but definitely isn't the novel verbatim - it's more like a Bronte version of Austen. Which I don't mind because I also love the Brontes.

Now Becoming Jane with Anne Hathaway...ugh, that was a travesty against Jane Austen.
    going for a second round!

Default Re: Interview Success Rate

If you get in, you have a 100% chance of getting in. If you don't get in, you have a 0% chance. There is very little else that you can do to try and calculate what your chances are of being accepted. On the other hand, if you interviewed and KNOW that you have good interview skills and are a well-adjusted, sociable person, you will probably get in.

That said, if you want to play the numbers game, ITIL members that post frequently have a higher-than-average acceptance rate You were better prepared than anyone else, so that would certainly make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by alanna View Post
    Agreed....Personally I think Keira Knightly herself is a piece of crap, but I don't know, that could just be me...
    I'd still boink her though...

I'm a bit confused. After lurking a bit more on the jetprogramme.org forums, it seems that people from South Africa are notified if their applications are sent to Tokyo for consideration. This seems odd to me, but does anyone know if any of the other countries do this?

Singapore does it too: http://www.jetprogramme.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1115. Also I've heard Trinidad &Tobago does it this way too. I'm guessing its because they are such small embassies.

Ahhh, okok, that makes sense.

Makes me a bit more nervous. I don't know if I would rather them tell me I passed/failed followed by acceptance/rejection the interview stage or just tell me everything in April. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eira View Post
    Ahhh, okok, that makes sense.

Makes me a bit more nervous. I don't know if I would rather them tell me I passed/failed followed by acceptance/rejection the interview stage or just tell me everything in April. Oh well.
    Yeah, I feel faaaairly confident I was sent to Tokyo, but yeah, doesn't really help calm the nerves because who knows if I'll get cut there.

Quote Originally Posted by ohheythere View Post
    I'd still boink her though...
    that would be like boinking a polyurethane bag stuffed with coat hangers, and annoying teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplainview View Post
    that would be like boinking a polyurethane bag stuffed with coat hangers, and annoying teeth.
    What, you haven't?

Quote Originally Posted by danielplainview View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyanator View Post
    Yeah, I feel faaaairly confident I was sent to Tokyo, but yeah, doesn't really help calm the nerves because who knows if I'll get cut there.
    I get the feeling your chances of Tokyo disagreeing with what the interviewers decided is fairly low...

Quote Originally Posted by Eira View Post
    I don't know if I would rather them tell me I passed/failed followed by acceptance/rejection the interview stage or just tell me everything in April. Oh well.

I think I'd rather find out how I did in the interview first. If I didn't get into the program, knowing if I passed or failed the interview stage would go a long way towards helping me do better next year. If I passed the interview stage but was rejected in Tokyo, I'd know that I needed to work on my application packet or improve my qualifications in some way.

If I'm not accepted this year, however, I'm going to blame it on my interview... Hopefully I did better than I think!

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You've got to hope even more, and cover your ears and go 'Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah!!'"

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

I don't think you fail or pass the interview. you receive a score and depending on how you stack up to others determines if you make it or not.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Sure there is, it would be the same as passing or failing a test where the professor adjusts the grade to fit a normal distribution, regardless of if it helps or hurts you.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Sure there is? You have proof?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    I don't think you fail or pass the interview. you receive a score and depending on how you stack up to others determines if you make it or not.
    Yeah, I'm sure that the interviews are rated by some sort of scoring system, but I'm sure it is possible to fail. I mean, if you wet your pants, break into tears, and run out of the room screaming after the first question... Well, I can't imagine that would be called anything but "failing" the interview. Or maybe you brought your manga-girl body pillow in with you and were munching on pocky during the entire interview. Hopefully, they'd "fail" you for that, too (maybe not, though ).

I'm not doubting that there's a scoring system involved, but I am thinking that there may be a simple "yes" or "no" option, as well. Yes, this person seems to be capable of behaving in a reasonably acceptable manner when necessary. No, this person is incapable of carrying on a coherent conversation and will probably go completely insane if sent to Japan. No, this person displayed an unhealthy obsession with Hello Kitty, groped two of the interviewers, etc...

I just can't imagine that JET wouldn't give the interviewers the opportunity to say "No freakin' way" to a candidate, regardless of how good his/her application looked. I'm just hoping that I didn't "fail" my interview (I swear, I wasn't trying to grope them, the room just stopped suddenly ).

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You've got to hope even more, and cover your ears and go 'Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah!!'"

Quote Originally Posted by liroku View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that the interviews are rated by some sort of scoring system, but I'm sure it is possible to fail. I mean, if you wet your pants, break into tears, and run out of the room screaming after the first question... Well, I can't imagine that would be called anything but "failing" the interview. Or maybe you brought your manga-girl body pillow in with you and were munching on pocky during the entire interview. Hopefully, they'd "fail" you for that, too (maybe not, though ).

I'm not doubting that there's a scoring system involved, but I am thinking that there may be a simple "yes" or "no" option, as well. Yes, this person seems to be capable of behaving in a reasonably acceptable manner when necessary. No, this person is incapable of carrying on a coherent conversation and will probably go completely insane if sent to Japan. No, this person displayed an unhealthy obsession with Hello Kitty, groped two of the interviewers, etc...

I just can't imagine that JET wouldn't give the interviewers the opportunity to say "No freakin' way" to a candidate, regardless of how good his/her application looked. I'm just hoping that I didn't "fail" my interview (I swear, I wasn't trying to grope them, the room just stopped suddenly ).
    yes, interviewers can reject candidates.
    proof: told by ex jet and interview panel member.

Quote Originally Posted by liroku View Post
    I mean, if you wet your pants, break into tears, and run out of the room screaming after the first question... Well, I can't imagine that would be called anything but "failing" the interview.
    What if it's like the 10th question, and you don't actually wet yourself? Probably not an automatic fail then, right? I can still hope?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelynn View Post
    If you were DJing a party I would rock up with my bunches of purple grapes stuffed into my bra, spilling a beer over myself, and harass you to play "Boom Boom Dollar" by King Kong & D'Jungle Girls until you called the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takochu~* View Post
    I didn't take any offense to it, I'm a pretty understandable person.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
    What if it's like the 10th question, and you don't actually wet yourself? Probably not an automatic fail then, right? I can still hope?
    I think it's ok as long as you ask them to join in.