Thread: Kina Shokichi and his song, Hana

Default Kina Shokichi and his song, Hana

Anyone else had to read all about the famous Shokichi san?

I'm using the Sunshine books and today had to read out loud to the class, telling them all about his band and Okinawan music. For what must be the sixth time!

I wonder if this guy realises how famous he is to Junior High School kids? :P

Remember everyone, Okinawan music is famous all across Japan! And the song Hana is all about world peace. :wink:

Jonathan (going to have a lie down)

xx

Nooooooo! (runs away quickly)

And not another word about asking the guest if they want any more sukiyaki since they are full and have to go now. But you are thankful they stopped by and look forward to seeing them again.

Chris

P.S. For those that didn't catch it, that was a reference to a certain conversation peace in Sunshine vol. 3.

I haven't had the ... umm ... pleasure of using those books yet, but just you wait until I start using Metallica in my classes.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Dob~ Y'gotta bring in "And Justice For All"~ And if you can, show them the video for "One"...

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

...Ah, the joys of converting innocent Japanese students into Psycho-Thrash-Speed-Metal Addicts. Ge them arguing over the pre-load band and the post-load band. Maybe you can get a fistfight going. :twisted:
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

Okay, so my plan is:

First, start off with some Linkin Park and/or Avril Lavigne then move onto Metallica before going onto something like 'Songs About Fucking' by Big Black.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

If your sup's catch on, switch to the "Black Aria" album by Glen Danzig. That'll show 'em. (Seriously folks, listen to this album. It kicks 18 kinds of ass.)
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    First, start off with some Linkin Park and/or Avril Lavigne then move onto Metallica before going onto something like 'Songs About Fucking' by Big Black.

I SMITE THEE!!!! I smite thee for saying "Avril Lavigne" and "Metallica" in the same sentence!!! *casts thunderbolts* SMITE SMITE SMITE!
    All through the night
    Stray cat is crying, so stray cat sings back

Ouch!!! 8O