Thread: If successful, when does AEON offer contract?

Default If successful, when does AEON offer contract?

I'm interviewing with AEON next week as backup plan in case JET doesn't accept me. If I interview with AEON March 11 and they like me, how soon would they make me an offer and how long of a grace period would they give me to accept or reject it?

First they said they aren't doing interviews until April but then they emailed me saying they are doing them in March now. I just hope the timing works out for me should I get an offer. Obviously JET is the first choice, but I didn't expect to be interviewed so soon. I think I will be cutting it close.

Could anyone who worked for or applied for AEON give me some kind of a timeframe as to how they operate?

Default Re: If successful, when does AEON offer contract?

It depends on a few things, but it seems that they generally take about two weeks to get back to you after your final interview. You then have five days to accept or decline the offer.
    always a JETsmaid, never a JET.

that would be cutting it awfully close to when JET releases interview results if march 12 would be the final interview for AEON. the group interview seminar is march 11, if they like you, it says they will do a private interview on the 12th, would that be the final interview? maybe i should see if they have any recruiting sessions at a later date.

See if they have a later interview date, but even if they do take you after the March interview it will be a few months before you go to Japan with Aeon, so you could say yes, then oops, nevermind. I did the interview and did not like the idea of working for that strange company, you will see what I mean at the interview.

But if you are determind to come to Japan be sure you are ready for the sample lesson, when I did the interview and saw a lot of people crash and burn at that part.

haha, i heard the videos and things they make you watch scared lots of people away! is it REALLY that bad?? are they super corny? i guess i'll see for myself.

but i still got my fingers crossed for JET.

i walked in to room of about 8 or so applicants, with the interviewer seated at the head of the table. first thing, he turns to the applicant on his right and says "You may want to lower your chair. It's not that I have to be the highest in the room or anything like that, you just might feel more comfortable."

I swear to god.

Quote Originally Posted by triumphtr79 View Post
    haha, i heard the videos and things they make you watch scared lots of people away! is it REALLY that bad?? are they super corny? i guess i'll see for myself.

but i still got my fingers crossed for JET.
    You will see for yourself, you decide if it is something you are willing to do. Some people are looking for adventure, and the idea of joining a cult and moving to Japan is exciting for some.

i interviewed with amity and it wasn't like that at all. i guess thats one of the big differences between the two groups. there were some people who blew their teaching demo, which must have sucked since most of us had flown in from out of state and had to stay at hotels.

and yes, the private interview is your final interview. if you come from out of state you will have the interview the next day, otherwise it will be within two weeks. then two more to know if you're in or not, then five days to confirm.
    always a JETsmaid, never a JET.

Quote Originally Posted by curtaineater View Post
    i interviewed with amity and it wasn't like that at all. i guess thats one of the big differences between the two groups. there were some people who blew their teaching demo, which must have sucked since most of us had flown in from out of state and had to stay at hotels.

and yes, the private interview is your final interview. if you come from out of state you will have the interview the next day, otherwise it will be within two weeks. then two more to know if you're in or not, then five days to confirm.
    Amity pays more, but I still don't think it is worth it, I prefer teaching people older than 5.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

I can't be the only one who thinks of this when they hear the name "Amity"...
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

curtaineater- did you get a personal interview?

anyway, i did have a group interview with AEON. i definitely got the cult-vibe, it's like they tell you how you are going to think and act if accepted and they occasionally slip in lines like "this is how we make money for AEON." i really felt like walking out during halfway through.

i can honestly say that my group presentation was just as good as anyone else's if not better in some cases. they only give you 5 minutes and they were hardly even looking at me. i don't know how they can even form an opinion of a potential candidate with just a group meeting and a quick "demo" presentation.

they seemed like they didn't want to be there, they gave a very short amount of time for questions and even said "ok, last question" !! they also only gave a quick 4 minute or so break for a 6 hour session!

when we all sat in a waiting room regarding our fate we were given a little speech how economic times are tough, we encourage you to reapply 5-6 months from now, etc etc. after that i got an envelope with a brief letter that said "we're sorry but we can't offer you a teaching position...." blah blah. i got the impression that they only held the group interview "just to have it" or it is a monthly requirement. unless someone really blew them away they weren't hiring them. i even caught the guy say at one point we have ONE position open for june.

i'm assuming most if not all of the members in our small group weren't offered a personal interview. i really feel sorry for those who flew in just to hear that. i only wasted a 12 hour day.

i'm still waiting on JET but my backup plans are really thinning out if JET doesn't take me. but the more i learned about AEON the more i hope JET works out!

Good luck to you all!

p.s. i also think of Amityville horror when i think of Amity! perhaps that name is not just a coincidence