Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: South Korea

Default Re: South Korea

The thing is. HandS IS a recruiting agency...

For recruiters, major ones are like Korvia, Footprints, ReachtoTeach......

Dave's ESL Cafe I'm sure will have more and people review recruiters on there in the forums

I haven't heard of HandS either.

I second the notion that Dave's would be the place to go if you want information. They cover a lot of what you need to know in FAQs and people tend to be pretty knowledgeable. I can't vouch for friendliess/kinship as I haven't been there too long. Plus we have that here at ITIL .

Forgot to mention, I'm Clayton in the Gyeongbuk discussion (Facebook).

Thanks for the helpful info. I'll continue my research.

Sounds like I've been upgraded to hired status with EPIK. Recruiter says NOA will be here next week. Getting excited!

Gratz! If you're not on the facebook page, you should definitely get there. Woot another person with good news.

Congratulations, kemek. Glad to see that you made it through. I look forward to seeing everyone at orientation. Picked up my visa today so I'm just counting the days now.

Looks like my NOA is on its way. See everyone in Korea soon.

I'm slowly reading this thread and just want to say thanks for all the info, everyone. I have a few quick questions though.

1. If I apply now can I still be accepted for August? I'd have to still get a CBC and all the supporting documents.
    2. How do they view breaks from school? I'm currently in a M.Ed Special Education program but due to my school's completely idiotic scheduling of one class I need to graduate I'm going to have to take a year off. So I wanted to apply to EPIK and teach for that year.
    3. How long does it take to get everything apostilled? I have my diploma ready to send off and I'm going to apply for a CBC asap.

In one of Florida's ubiquitous retirement towns

Quote Originally Posted by cheshir3 View Post
    I'm slowly reading this thread and just want to say thanks for all the info, everyone. I have a few quick questions though.

1. If I apply now can I still be accepted for August? I'd have to still get a CBC and all the supporting documents.
    2. How do they view breaks from school? I'm currently in a M.Ed Special Education program but due to my school's completely idiotic scheduling of one class I need to graduate I'm going to have to take a year off. So I wanted to apply to EPIK and teach for that year.
    3. How long does it take to get everything apostilled? I have my diploma ready to send off and I'm going to apply for a CBC asap.
    I'm thinking of applying to teach in Korea too, though I'll probably wait to see whether or not I've been accepted by JET. I'm taking a 100-hour TEFL course now, because I understand that's a requirement, or at least strenuously recommended...?

Looking forward to seeing if anyone else has knowledge about the Korean teaching experience. My first love is Japan, but I have been wanting to learn Korean, so I'm willing to start my adventure in South Korea.
    Bex | Atlanta | Shortlisted 2012