Thread: Genki Japanese I wanted

Default Genki Japanese I wanted

does anyone have the Genki elementary Japanese book I (the Japan times)
    My New japanese teacher wants to use this as our textbook and before i buy one i was wondering if anyone had one for sale!
    thanks xx

I think I gave my copy to someone but they're excellent books.

You'll also need the workbook and depending on whether or not your teacher wants to play them to you or not you'll need the CDs as well. But you can get the self-study version as well and there's also the answer book but that's cheap and covers both books in the series. To be honest I think I'd just buy them new. The work book especially because you write the answers right on the page so you'll want a fresh copy. They're pretty expensive unfortunately.

Also something worth noting is that you can drill from them at renshuu.org which is a cute Japanese learning site.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

I agree with dombay that they're excellent books. I've gotten through Genki 1&2, which we used at my university, and they were probably my favorite textbooks for any subject. They keep things to the point, the exercises are amusing (they use Michael Jackson, break ups, attempted suicide and more as examples), and the textbook is very comprehensive - I feel like they spent equal attention to grammar, vocab, and reading/kanji. The book would be useless without the workbook, though, so keep that in mind. You need it to guide your practice.