Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Dear: you poor cunts

Quote Originally Posted by FiercestCalm View Post
    WOAH NO ONE ELSE HAS THESE THINGS

Seriously, probably at least 65% of applicants have all of these things. You aren't special. Get over yourself - you were missing a trait (or more) which JET valued. Your current employer doesn't consider that trait or has lower standards. End of story.
    BS. The majority of people are interested in going to Japan because it's first world country and the pay is good. If China sets up a similar program I wonder how many people would be applying.
    65% have experience teaching, let alone specifically teaching English to Japanese people? Where are you getting those stats?
    There are so many "slacker" ALTs that are not getting very involved.
    When I say command of the language I don't mean the ability to say Konnichiwa. I mean to be able have meaningful conversations with both students and teachers. To be able to teach English to students in Japanese if necessary.

FiercestCalm

Quote Originally Posted by Sai1 View Post
    BS. The majority of people are interested in going to Japan because it's first world country and the pay is good. If China sets up a similar program I wonder how many people would be applying.
    65% have experience teaching, let alone specifically teaching English to Japanese people? Where are you getting those stats?
    There are so many "slacker" ALTs that are not getting very involved.
    When I say command of the language I don't mean the ability to say Konnichiwa. I mean to be able have meaningful conversations with both students and teachers. To be able to teach English to students in Japanese if necessary.
    God you're such an ass. It's late, so I'm going to stop even pretending to bring up real points. So here you go

YOU'RE RIGHT
    your Japanese is the best of anyone's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
    your coworkers and students are in LOVE with you!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Everyone else who is an ALT is a fucking goddamn slacker who can't even bother to get out of bed in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    JET refused to hire you because they are like so racist and totally didn't see your great personality because they are just a fledgling company and don't know what they're looking for.

So those are your points, right? Get a fucking grip. You're not special, you're an ALT. If you were special you'd have a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by houk View Post
    Except you have no idea, do you? You're only basing this on the fact that you, personally, werent chosen. And you've probably read a few stories on the internet, hand-picking the ones that bolster your opinion and ignoring the ones that contradict you. So you've built up a perception for which you have no real evidence.
    I'd say there evidence worth considering has be mentioned in just this very thread.

bad breath and a bad tie~

Quote Originally Posted by FiercestCalm View Post
    God you're such an ass. It's late, so I'm going to stop even pretending to bring up real points. So here you go

YOU'RE RIGHT
    your Japanese is the best of anyone's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
    your coworkers and students are in LOVE with you!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Everyone else who is an ALT is a fucking goddamn slacker who can't even bother to get out of bed in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    JET refused to hire you because they are like so racist and totally didn't see your great personality because they are just a fledgling company and don't know what they're looking for.

So those are your points, right? Get a fucking grip. You're not special, you're an ALT. If you were special you'd have a real job.
    You have just done what in Japanese they call "hirakinaoru". You didn't really reply to what I posted. You simply just took a really defiant attitude and brushed aside what I said. The things I listed are indeed very important traits.

FiercestCalm

Please watch your language in the applying forum - Dom
    Last edited by dombay; April 5th, 2009 at 15:16.

Default Re: Dear: you poor cunts

Thread locked. May be unlocked later if things settle down.

Last warning about flaming. I think everyone's made their point.

Any further flaming and I'll start carding people.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'