Thread: Application Deadlines

Default Application Deadlines

Has anyone noticed how much the application deadlines vary from consulate to consulate?

Research Student Scholarship:

New York: TBA (Last Year: May 23, 2008)
    San Francisco: TBA (Last Year: May 30, 2008)
    Los Angeles: June 8, 2009
    Sydney: June 16, 2009
    Houston: TBA (Last Year: June 25, 2008)
    Atlanta: July 1, 2009
    Toronto: TBA
    Last edited by Mike_Davis; April 30th, 2009 at 14:49.

Default Re: Application Deadlines

My consulate (Auckland, NZ) had a May 2009 deadline for the MEXT 2009 scholarship. But several university websites I have visited (University of Tokyo, Hiroshima University) state that applicants for the MEXT 2010 scholarship must apply at the university before August 2009. This doesn't make sense because the MEXT 2010 scholarship applications dont open at my consulate until April 2010 next year.

Is this just because the people that apply at their consulate in 2009, will simply become students at said universities in 2010 and so the consulate and universities use different dates? (Hence the university websites state MEXT 2010?)
    Last edited by hammer; July 12th, 2009 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    My consulate (Auckland, NZ) had a May 2009 deadline for the MEXT 2009 scholarship. But several university websites I have visited (University of Tokyo, Hiroshima University) state that applicants for the MEXT 2010 scholarship must apply at the university before August 2009. This doesn't make sense because the MEXT 2010 scholarship applications dont open at my consulate until April 2010 next year.

Is this just because the people that apply at their consulate in 2009, will simply become students at said universities in 2010 and so the consulate and universities use different dates? (Hence the university websites state MEXT 2010?)

You're just confusing people who are already in Japan studying with people in New Zealand.

They have different deadlines and application procedures.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)