Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese Beaches

Quote Originally Posted by jboze84 View Post
    Not sure, but the air temp is like 60-65 in the summer and there's 30mph winds at all times.
    I've been swimming as late as the end of September in Hokkaido, at which point the water was quite chilly. There are some nice beaches for sure, but not very sandy...more rocky. Good surfing on the southeast coast. (I'm going on a camping trip there this summer.) It can be quite warm in July and August, (+30, sorry don't know fahrenheit) and at those times the ocean is a perfect temperature.

Jboze84 doesn't leave the far north, so he doesn't really know, but there are some great beaches in Hokkaido.

Default Re: Japanese Beaches

Word, I was talking about Siberia. Don't know about the tropical parts of Hokkaido.

miyazaki miyazaki miyazaki.

i don't know the names of the beaches, but i did a miyazaki road trip last summer. we just drove along the coast and it was full of palm trees and gorgeous and not so crowded at all. may run into a little garbage and not as nice as okinawa, but i think you'll find the biggest number of nicer japanese beaches in miyazaki

read a great little article about izu here:

http://www.japan-i.jp/news/02-24-200...00003bj0v.html

sounds like shirahama beach ('white beach'!!) is one to get to, i'll be heading there this summer!

Hi!
    Since I started to live and work in Japan (based in Kagoshima now), I also have been looking for beautiful beaches in Japan. I'm originally from Hawaii so I cannot live without beaches! After traveling all over Japan for several years, I came to conclusion that Japan has both amazingly beautiful beaches (even for Hawaiians) and really dirty beaches with a lot of litter washed ashore.
    When deciding destinations, I always refer to the photos from this couple:
    Best Beaches in Japan! - a set on Flickr
    Their recommended beaches I visited were just like their photos with just a few people if not deserted (except for the southern Izu beaches in Obon with too many teenagers).

The attached images are from some of the amazing Japanese beaches that I've visited.
    Last edited by Kagoshiman; February 28th, 2011 at 12:17.

The best beach in Kagoshima is the one where the Koreans abducted a young Japanese couple.

All I know is they are all stuck up and won't give you the time of day until you offer to buy them some LV or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

guys, im not playing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by saritajuanita View Post
    miyazaki miyazaki miyazaki.

i don't know the names of the beaches, but i did a miyazaki road trip last summer. we just drove along the coast and it was full of palm trees and gorgeous and not so crowded at all. may run into a little garbage and not as nice as okinawa, but i think you'll find the biggest number of nicer japanese beaches in miyazaki
    Seconded! I may be a bit biased because I live here but I've found the Miyazaki beaches to be really nice. Especially compared to the beaches in Kanto and Fukui that I've been to.

iki island in nagasaki has very nice beaches

I dunno man Japanese girls are no bitchier or stuck up than American. You just have that scary gaijin factor that can be an initial barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    I dunno man Japanese girls are no bitchier or stuck up than American. You just have that scary gaijin factor that can be an initial barrier.
    Oh, I know. I have met some nice Japanese girls, but beaches are beaches wherever you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

writes letters to Edwin mrfahrenheit's Avatar

Going to a beach in 1.5 weeks in Shizuoka, off the east coast of Izu peninsula. I'll report back here when I get back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    They're FUCKING MEETING ABOUT POTATOES AGAIN