Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Re: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

I'll be attempting to take the written test on Monday with an expired certification that I have been a licensed driver since 2/28/2000.

I renewed my license a month before coming to Japan as it would've expired this past February, so I'm subject to the three month proof requirement, though my proof is expired.

I'm not counting on good things, but I'll post back whether or not they accept it.

Anyone know anything about the motorcycle test?

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Re: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

I went in yesterday to do the written test.

You can only pull a number between 9:30 and 10:30. I got there at about 9:40, and pulled number seven.

I sat there for one full hour before they came out and called a number, which was only #3. They called about one number per 45 minutes, so I waited around 3 hours to go in.

I went in, showed him the paperwork, highlighted the original licensure date making sure to ignore the expiration date of the letter, and he never noticed. I took a quick eye test, and then was able to take the written test, which I got 9/10 on, so I passed.

I scheduled my driving test for June 15th.

Way to go PUMA! Did you hit up driving school yet?
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Doesn't do O-ramas

no because it would take a day of nenkyuu just to go to one class

Gay, better study up and practice that shit on your own, that is!
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

I found out the local driving school offers one hour classes on the course for 6,000 yen so I'm going tomorrow. Then my real test is next Monday.... think having a receipt from the driving school will help me at all?

You don't need it, but bring it just incase. As proof.

You decided on staying another year?

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yeah that whiney thread I posted before was some sort of stupid phase so I'm sticking to my commitment.

By the way to everyone else taking the test- if you can do a one hour class at a driving school DO IT!!!

Reading online is helpful but just not quite the same as having an instructor tell you exactly what to do. It was very nice being able to do the crank and S curve a few times. It's tighter than I thought and I ended up hitting the curb once just as I was exiting because I wasn't being careful.

Also I think I was being way too anal about "stick to the left" during a left turn, and the guy told me it's better to be a little more wide and not risk hitting the curb.

Failed my first try today because when I backed up in the crank he said "you looked in the mirror and behind you but you didn't look all around the car."

I went to driving school even and they said nothing about that... so I suppose for the rest of you be careful.

Luckily I only have to wait another 10 days or so til my next chance....

Did everyone have to take nenkyu to do the tests?

and is this something my supervisor should be helping me with? or is this beyond her responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    Failed my first try today because when I backed up in the crank he said "you looked in the mirror and behind you but you didn't look all around the car."

I went to driving school even and they said nothing about that... so I suppose for the rest of you be careful.

Luckily I only have to wait another 10 days or so til my next chance....
    Oh man, I didn't check my mirror at all when I did the crank and had to back up once... he let me slide I guess because i had to go like 5 hours round trip to get to the License Center... that and I took 2 hours at the school. He took pity on my soul! Good luck with your next time!

Power, Patience, Speed.

wow, this looks very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it!

FiercestCalm

Heeey somebody just posted this over in ShigaJET. You're famous!

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

i changed hours and directions and said i didnt write it, but alas it was me that posted it there...
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    Oh man, I didn't check my mirror at all when I did the crank and had to back up once... he let me slide I guess because i had to go like 5 hours round trip to get to the License Center... that and I took 2 hours at the school. He took pity on my soul! Good luck with your next time!
    The worst part is the first thing he told me was "you went to driving school, didn't you?" so apparently this scored me no points.

I think I may have just had bad luck with the guy... he was completely cold and silent and seemed to just have it in for me the second I sat down.

deleted
    Last edited by dirtbag; June 2nd, 2009 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by FiercestCalm View Post
    Heeey somebody just posted this over in ShigaJET. You're famous!
    Mark, you motherfucker, you didn't A) write my name on it, or B) link back to the site.
    Last edited by Trivial; June 4th, 2009 at 22:28.

And yes, you get a map.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Mark, you motherfucker, you didn't A) write my name on it, or B) link back to the site.
    sorry, was 'trivial' or your real name what i was supposed to use? and i am not too good with internet Etiquette。。。
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆