Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

Default Re: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

Haha, either one. Internet ettiquite dictates that if you copy someone's work, you link and give name credit. I changed the original to have it in there.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: How to Kick the Japanese Driver's License Test in the Face on Your First Try

at least i didnt take credit for it, i did say that a friend spent time writting it up and all i did was chage a few of the local things (like how to get to the testing station and stuff) but duly noted for next time. i will give better credit where credit is due
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

It's cool man I'm not mad or anything; I was just one of the staff members of the University Writing Center in college and had to spend all day correcting plagarism, so it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Doesn't do O-ramas

failed my test yesterday, w00t

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Shocking!
    guys, im not playing anymore

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    Shocking!
    Trolling!

Did they tell you what you fucked up on? When are you planning on going again? Man it might be worth it to take a day of nenkyuu to do the driving school... at least then you have a way better chance at passing next time, ya kno?
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

God I love seeing/hearing people fail.

aw thats mean, Dawg
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Doesn't do O-ramas

heres what i did:

he said i was driving down the wrong side of the road because i opted to smoothly enter the left lane which happened to curve in the exact direction i was starting from...i apparently should have cut 90* across two lanes of traffic and then nearly 90*'ed it again once i got into the left lane

thing was you only have a little curb between the car and the road from where you start, so when you pull up to where you pull out, your car is naturally facing 45* to the northeast (assuming north is the up direction on your computer screen) so since the road you are going into also is seen straight ahead of you in that position since the road also curves up at a 45* angle, it makes the most sense to just smoothly go straight into the curve almost like a tangential about to meet up with a circle if that makes sense

but apparently no it wouldve been better to angle the car out even more and then angle to a due north direction and then angle it 90* again to a nearly due east direction

how long was i actually in the right lane as i crossed over into the left? bout 2 or 3 seconds.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

God I love seeing/hearing people fail.
    why, cuz youre from shitty/worthless canada and dont have to take the test?

Doesn't do O-ramas

i have no one to blame but myself, but i thought it was a pretty cheap shot

You have to remember that you cannot pass doing what "makes the most sense" or is "smart." You have to follow all the dumb rules even if it means driving completely opposite to what a normal person would do.

I had some woman who was on her fifth fail tell me that I "don't have to" do things like check under the car before I get in. Hmm wonder why I passed and she didn't then...

Doesn't do O-ramas

you passed it your second time? nice

Yeah... although I was literally centimeters from failing.

When you have to pull in at the end and park I cut it REALLY REALLY close to the curb and ended up maybe 3 cm away.

The guy even told me to get out and look at the tires and was like "giri giri dayo!!!!"

From what I have seen it depends on the dude testing you. You could do everything right, but if they want to fail you, then they will. If you fail the first time each subsequent try is like 3600yen or something. I met a guy who failed 7 times.

In the more inaka license centers you are given a map and you have to copy the course down. Then you have some time to walk around the course before you take the test. Yeah, it's not the most fun thing to do (especially in July or August) but you really should, because you have to do the whole thing from memory.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

they had a map for me too, but the instructor/test giver guy would also say the directions in japanese when i was driving the course so it was easier than i thought.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

I'm testing next week Thursday (and Friday and Monday and Tuesday if need be). We'll see how your advice stands up, young Trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    Okay, I think this thread is over. Mike won the internet.
    http://www.japanliness.blogspot.com

Remember: this is for Samezu, other places may differ.

And from what I've seen Samezu is one of the easier ones -- all four of us islanders passed on our first try. We also studied our balls off though, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Remember: this is for Samezu, other places may differ.

And from what I've seen Samezu is one of the easier ones -- all four of us islanders passed on our first try. We also studied our balls off though, so maybe that had something to do with it.
    True. True. I've been sapping information from local sources as well. Here's a decent guide for the Fukuoka test center: “Passing The Driver’s Test”, or “I Am So Cool!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    Okay, I think this thread is over. Mike won the internet.
    http://www.japanliness.blogspot.com