Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Genki 2

Default Re: After Genki 2

amazon.com
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    amazon.com
    At amazon.com, the Kanzen master JLPT2 books are:
    Grammar: $27
    Reading practice: 45
    Vocab: 41
    Kanji: 42
    ___
    $155

This is a bit too pricey for me, especially since they are about 1500 yen in Japan. But, it's $55 to ship all four from Japan. I am going to pull out my hair and then try to find a different series of books.

I know this isn't about Genki, but I'm studying Minna no Nihongo book 2. When I am done with that book should I be able to pass JLPT 3kyuu?

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaneo View Post
    I know this isn't about Genki, but I'm studying Minna no Nihongo book 2. When I am done with that book should I be able to pass JLPT 3kyuu?

Yea a lot of the material overlaps so you shouldn't have a problem.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Well, I bought the non-revised version of Intermediate Japanese; it was only $20 shipped, instead of $55 for the new one (minus CDs though). I barely used the audio for Genki, so I figure a system like Shadowing (but more advanced - shadowing looks like it's mainly for beginners) would be better in that department.

I'm going to be working towards JLPT2, so I'll just make flashcards and study with stuff like http://www.jlpt-kanji.com/ and Anki for kanji. I'll probably see if I'm good with Intermediate for now, or if I need to supplement it with kanzen master. I hope I can wait til I get to Japan to buy the kanzen series.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyscrappy View Post
    Well, I bought the non-revised version of Intermediate Japanese; it was only $20 shipped, instead of $55 for the new one (minus CDs though). I barely used the audio for Genki, so I figure a system like Shadowing (but more advanced - shadowing looks like it's mainly for beginners) would be better in that department.

I'm going to be working towards JLPT2, so I'll just make flashcards and study with stuff like http://www.jlpt-kanji.com/ and Anki for kanji. I'll probably see if I'm good with Intermediate for now, or if I need to supplement it with kanzen master. I hope I can wait til I get to Japan to buy the kanzen series.
    Nice! I'm using http://www.jlptstudy.com so I'll try your link out as well. Also, you can make your own flashcards with CueCard freeware. It allows you to embed pictures and sound, and will also print the cards out, if you wish. I'm just now finishing up adding the vocab list for JLPT4 into the program.

I actually ordered today via amazon the White Rabbit flashcards $34 w/ free shipping. While this is a little pricy, I was trying out the online flashcard programs and I just felt like custom use was a little too clunky. I'm sure many can manage, but I get frustrated with program designs.

I also have a problem with text on the screen not seeming as 'real' or important as printed text. I guess it's the same reason why I'd rather read a book than use one of those darned ebook readers.

I have the white rabbit cards too. And the tuttle cards. And I use the online thing. I really just use Anki Flashcards for reinforcement but I use the actual cards to learn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyscrappy View Post

The final 2/5ths of 'Shadowing' is at the JLPT 1/2 level. The previews only give you a peak at the beginning of the book.

But if you want to do more advanced shadowing then that I would check out 'Breaking into Japanese Literature' because the audio files are on the net and you can use that. The minus part of it is that it's purely lit and not exactly daily conversation there.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)