Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non JET options

Default Re: Non JET options

Yeah, perish the thought that we actually have altruistic people in this world.

Maybe we should ask Mr. Hat what he thinks............
    Last edited by cvmurrieta; June 17th, 2009 at 16:26. Reason: correction
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

My motivations are not completely altruistic I need a distraction from school.
    Quote Originally Posted by wry bread View Post
    Oh God, I wouldn't want a dude on an internet forum to think I'm fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakatta View Post
    This thread is superior to the old thread that Langus linked to! It should eclipse the previous one. KBECKERのは一番!

Racist Hello Kitty Chan, please do not allow your feelings to be hurt by Langus' criticism! Though she is hot and otherwise pretty cool, and sports a Strongbad avatar, she is in this case a bit too acidic.

Oh, I can't stay mad at you, Langus. WE HAD THAT LIGHTSWITCH INSTALLED FOR YOU SO YOU COULD TURN THE LIGHTS ON AND OFF!
    Yes! It was time The Cheat made a comeback. How I adore his songs about not living at 21 Jump Street. Can't get enough of that little guy Let's have our own glowstick rave in honour of his awesomeness!

Edit: Wait, so kbecker ISN'T going on JET because she accepted a Fulbright scholarship? Is this what I'm understanding?
    Last edited by Langus; May 14th, 2009 at 13:20.

i think she is doing JET, otherwise she probably would have left the board already.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    hmmm... why would kbecker take such an interest in these alternative programs if she were shortlisted as a JET?
    In case she gets placed in rural Hokkaido? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Why'd she change her name...

doo doo dooo doo dooo....
    Last edited by Langus; May 24th, 2009 at 16:39. Reason: R-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Could you please leave the discussion of my username to another thread? I really did start this thread to help out alternates and others, and all these other comments are not useful. If you want to talk about my username or my motivations for this thread, feel free start a topic in Anything Goes, VIP, or PM me. Thank you. I really am trying to add more additional information and make this a detailed thread for people turned down by JET or researching other options. I appreciate any additional insights or organizations.
    Last edited by elleohelle; May 24th, 2009 at 16:15.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if anyone here has worked with James English School? It sounds like a nice set up and I've heard decent things about it, but they were mostly old. Anyone work with them recently?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if anyone here has worked with James English School? It sounds like a nice set up and I've heard decent things about it, but they were mostly old. Anyone work with them recently?
    I haven't worked for them, but I have applied to them twice since they have schools throughout the Tohoku area. Right now on gaijinpot they are only accepting overseas applications.
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

I have a good friend working for American Language School. If you are interested, PM me. She's really loving her job.
    Last edited by elleohelle; June 17th, 2009 at 15:25.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

have any of you subscribed to ohayosensei newsletter? its a great sourse for english teaching jobs in japan

O-Hayo Sensei: The Newsletter of (Teaching) Jobs in Japan
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by markteacher80 View Post
    have any of you subscribed to ohayosensei newsletter? its a great sourse for english teaching jobs in japan

O-Hayo Sensei: The Newsletter of (Teaching) Jobs in Japan
    I am doing that; but, alas, no other jobs offers as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cvmurrieta View Post
    I haven't worked for them, but I have applied to them twice since they have schools throughout the Tohoku area. Right now on gaijinpot they are only accepting overseas applications.
    Alrighty. I can only hope for the best then. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
    Alrighty. I can only hope for the best then. ^^
    Well, remember that looking for a job is a lot like dating. You may be an excellent person, but the other person you are with can dismiss you for some "perceived" flaw.

Here I am a CIR, and even I am scrambling to find something in this "flooded" market. I am surprised Glenski hasn't been on here shoving that word down our throats.

Have you tried contacting BOEs directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Have you tried contacting BOEs directly?
    That's a good idea. How would I go about doing that? Just send in my Japanese resume to them? Wouldn't it be better if I have an introduction from a Japanese person affiliated with them?

Sending off japanese resumes is a must, if you can get some kind of recomendation from somebody then all the better. Like most things in life its not what you know, its who you know

Quote Originally Posted by elleohelle View Post
    Gaba - Involves one-on-one tutoring, will not help you with your visa. Maybe better for time work rather than full time.
    If I'm not mistaken, I've recently seen Gaba job postings for applicants outside Japan. Wouldn't this mean they have to help with your visa?

Their website makes Gaba to sound like the ideal job: work when you want, make as much money as you have time, live in a big city.
    I somehow don't think it would be that easy, and I wouldn't want to go over there without a guaranteed monthly income, especially in the big cities!

I can only see Gaba as a good opportunity if you have a steady job already and want to make some more money on the side.