Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Leaving? Stress here!

Default Re: Leaving? Stress here!

Thanks fingers crossed it all goes well!

pension received
    still in the middle of no where, but in the U.S at least

my landlord said he would take care of the utilities. which is great but i'll still have to leave money here. My supervisor called about my phone, but told me to deal with the internet because NTT/OCN supposedly has an English line, well i waited for 15 minutes on hold for this English line and gave up, she can deal with it tomorrow.

edit: yay NTT/OCN just called me back! boo on having to have my internet shut off on the 31st when i don't leave until the 4th.. but its better than paying bills for all of august when i'll only be using 3 days of internet.. still sucks to not have internet for the weekend.
    and they couldn't answer my real question-what the heck do i do with the rented equipment?
    Last edited by yohgrl23; July 27th, 2009 at 15:28.
    "To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best, day and night, to make you like everyone else, means to fight the hardest battle that any human being can fight.... but never stop fighting" e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by yohgrl23 View Post
    they couldn't answer my real question-what the heck do i do with the rented equipment?
    NTT should be sending you a bag to put all your rented equipment in. You will then take the bag to either a post office or Lawson's for them to send back. You don't have to pay any shipping fees.
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

pension received
    still in the middle of no where, but in the U.S at least

thanks cvmurrieta, i finally got a hold of a person who said NTT would take the equipment with them this sunday when they come to shut off/disconnect the internet and phone.
    "To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best, day and night, to make you like everyone else, means to fight the hardest battle that any human being can fight.... but never stop fighting" e.e. cummings

Fuck. I forgot to pack a some clothes in a set of drawers, so I do need to use a third suitcase.

I hope that Singapore isn't very pick about size dimensions. My two main bags go over their combined limit of 275 cm by a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthona View Post
    Fuck. I forgot to pack a some clothes in a set of drawers, so I do need to use a third suitcase.

I hope that Singapore isn't very pick about size dimensions. My two main bags go over their combined limit of 275 cm by a bit.
    You should be fine. It's not like Singapore is strict on things like laws or rules.

Paul

I just finished cleaning this apartment and sending 95% of my shit home by mail. I am absolutely exhausted. Then I was greeted by a nagging wife on the phone giving me crap. Exactly what I needed.

I'm going for a beer or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jboze84 View Post
    You should be fine. It's not like Singapore is strict on things like laws or rules.
    I'm talking about the airline, not the country. I would hope that an airline famous for its service, quality, and cost would give a little leeway.

Like how Emirates has hot flight attendants in skimpy outfits for the region and reportedly somewhat flirtatious, a perfect reflection of life there

Paul

Talking about Emirates, how are they? I have 3 flights coming up with them, and I would rather their plane wasn't rusting and falling apart like Air China that I took last time.

Pilot 'barely slept' day before Emirates near-disaster

But on the plus side, I hear their customer service is really good!
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    Pilot 'barely slept' day before Emirates near-disaster

But on the plus side, I hear their customer service is really good!
    Going by the pic, all he did was scrape the arse end of the tail on the ground as he took off. That's standard practice in Ireland.

So how was Emirates, I might be using them in a couple of months.

Also, Singapore was lenient on the weight and size (within reason) it seems. I was a bit overweight on a bag and they were huge but they never batted an eye - except for the extra charge of a 3rd bag. Great service too.

Paul

Will tell you after my flight on Friday