Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flags Added

Default Flags Added

Because this is such a region-specific site, I have added flags for both your country and your state/province/area. This should help the newbies a lot. I'm pretty sure I have all that would be applicable here (if I've missed any, tell me and I'll try and get them).

You can change your flags by going into User CP > Edit Your Details.

I am requesting that you ONLY use the flag of the area that you are actually from. This is a completely optional profile field, and if I catch you using a flag from an area where you aren't from, you'll get an infraction point and lose your flag-displaying privileges (or I'll change it permanently to your home country, whichever I see fit).

Feedback please.
    "The complex Japanese language and its writing system are inventions of the devil, designed to prevent the spread of Gospel."
    -Francis Xavier (1506-1552)

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Default Re: Flags Added

AWESOME!
    IS THERE A CHECHEN ONE?!
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

I mean, not that I would use the Chechen one.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>

Ali, I give you a special exemption to use the Chechen one.
    "The complex Japanese language and its writing system are inventions of the devil, designed to prevent the spread of Gospel."

Damn it, why can't it still be 1998 when Chechnya still had full autonomy?
    But anyway, I do like the flags. I am a bit of a flag/geographic freak anyway.

That being said, what state is that flag, Trivial?

Tennessee. I'll add a Chechen flag.

Make sure the Chechen flag is geographically correct, so Russia will be primary, and Chechen flag will be the secondary province flag.

Is the flag for the country you were born in, country you were raised in, the country that you have a passport for or the country you have permanent residency in?

For the purposes of this, whichever country and region you applied to the JET Program through.

So Mothy applied through St. Kitts? Wouldnt that be difficult as they dont even have a Japanese embassy there?

This flag thing is pretty cool. We'll wear our badges proudly and mark out territories. Clan wars will ensue!

If you want to see what country/state/province they've selected, you can click on their profile and it will display the information.

Is it possible to have it display the state/region/country or whatever just by hovering your mouse over the flag?

If not, it's cool, but I think that would be neat.

right click, properties, look at the file name

I probably could do that, but I don't want to edit alt text and stuff. If I can find a way to do it with a couple of lines of code, I will.

Yea I think this exercise would quickly become annoying if it became an exercise in identity politics.

Your great granny might have been Icelandic. That wasn't what we were asking/caring about.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Quote Originally Posted by dombay View Post
    Yea I think this exercise would quickly become annoying if it became an exercise in identity politics.

Your great granny might have been Icelandic. That wasn't what we were asking/caring about.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Please use your country of citizenship.

Dammit there goes my chance to display the Eagle Eating the Snake on the Cactus to go with my badass shoulder tattoo of La Virgin de Guadalupe.
    My Hastily Taken Photos are Better Than Your Hastily Taken Photos (My Flickr)

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
    I think the urge to become a cyborg is instinctual.

We're going to be adding new flags in the future too that you can use in lieu of your state/province, like sports teams and what not.

If you have a sports team or some other local icon that you'd like to use as your secondary flag, please make it in a 32x20 pixel format with a black border. To give an example, I've created an All Blacks flag for our wonderful Kiwis (sorry for butchering it, but it's hard to draw things when they're that small). It's active, so feel free to use it! (it's under Regions > nz allblacks)

Last edited by Trivial; May 19th, 2009 at 15:53.

?