Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fukushima JETs: ASSEMBLE! 2009-10

Default Fukushima JETs: ASSEMBLE! 2009-10

Welcome to Fukushima!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. If I can't answer them, I can find someone who can!

Also feel free to check out the Fukushima JET website... www.fujet.net

WELCOME!
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Default Re: Fukushima JETs: ASSEMBLE! 2009-10

Would you say Fukushima is a fairly rural prefecture? Judging by the population density of its capital, it's a fairly rural place, what's the closest city that you go to have some fun?

Well Koriyama is a pretty big/fun city... I mean I have alot of fun everywhere... fun is where you make it, even in the small towns... But my city is the closest to Tokyo, so sometimes I just roll out there for a night of drinking. The JETs in Fukushima (well a good number) love to party... so whenever there is a JET thrown party, be it in Iwaki/Koriyama/Fukushima/Aizu... it is usually pretty fun.

But yeah, there's a good bit of rural-ness in Fukushima... also a lot of mountains... great for snowboarding!
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Iwaki here I come!!
    Shortlisted | Group B | Christchurch NZ ----> Iwaki Shi, Fukushima Ken

Incoming Iwaki shi JET from Singapore! Gawd...I've not heard of this city. I'm a city-born kid so I'm used to crowded walkways and rush hour traffic...am thinkin' Iwaki shi would be a far cry from this. Furthermore SG has no seasons, so there goes my winter outdoor options...can't ski/board!

However, I'm looking forward to meeting all you fun Iwakians in August this year!

Iwakian be'z me! Welcome aboard!

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Would you say Fukushima is a fairly rural prefecture? Judging by the population density of its capital, it's a fairly rural place, what's the closest city that you go to have some fun?
    Fukushima is all inaka, my friend.
    But it's actually pretty cool Inaka.

Iwaki ain't that bad (the JETs there are cool for the most part and it has a killer all-you-can-eat yakiniku place) and Koriyama is strangely big and has a Marui. Fukushima City is a hell hole from what I've heard tho!

wo0t! i'm off to koriyama <3

since it seems to be a big city, i'm assuming i'm not going to be the only jet there

Lucky lucky girl/guy!

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    Lucky lucky girl/guy!
    girl :P

i'm happy i got a city despite asking for semi-rural XD

Man, look at all that info on Kouriyama in wikipedia... even though Kanazawa is more populated, there isn't as much good info about it on wikipedia...

where's kanazawa?

It's the highlighted portion of the second pic of Ishikawa-ken

eh, kanazawa has a lot of info. more so than koriyama judging by the text that i didn't read XD

wow ishikawa is fair distance from fukushima :O

Naw, the article on Koriyama has more relevant info, most of the info on Kanazawa is about the areas history...

You guys might be better finding info on your respective Prefecture AJET's wiki/homepage...

Ishikawa:
    http://www.ishikawajets.org/
    http://ishikawajet.wordpress.com/

Fukushima:
    http://www.fujet.net/
    But i already said that one, eh? =P

Neb are you planning on coming to visit me? You crazy guy!

Power, Patience, Speed.

Now that I have officially received my "Git yer ass to Fukushima" email, I'll say hey to all of the others :3

Hooray! I found out today I'll be in Fukushima in Minamisoma-shi. Anyone know much about this town? It's on the coast it seems. I'm excited though. I was slightly worried about being in Hokkaido or something, so this placement seems really awesome.

hey bbsting, welcome aboard! haha Minamisoma is north of where I live... it's pretty close to Sendai too! I have a few friends up there, and I hear nothing but good things... actually one of my friends is leaving. Maybe you are replacing him. I might see him this weekend... have you been contacted by your pred?

Power, Patience, Speed.

Hello Fukishima JET's! I just found out (5 min ago) that i'm moving to the Fukishima prefecture in August. I haven't found out exactly where I'll be within the prefecture yet. So, if anyone knows where a 23 year old girl from Texas will be placed with the initials TNJ please let me know. Any information or tips about the area would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at all the websites that have been posted on this forum...they've been great. I look forward to meeting all of you