Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fukuoka

Default Fukuoka

If you're placed in Fukuoka, welcome to the best prefecture, I mean for god's sake the airport code is FUK and Fukuoka is the only real city on Kyushu.

Feel free to ask me questions about the place.

Cool people only please.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

Yeah! Let's do this! FRESH MEAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    Okay, I think this thread is over. Mike won the internet.
    http://www.japanliness.blogspot.com

Default Re: Fukuoka

If anyone lame is coming, we're going to chase them out of the prefecture with pitchforks

do you guys know any initials of who is coming in?

I'm really hoping Fukuoka--hopefully my fondness for pig nasty metal will keep the pitchforks away (unless pitchforks attacks are a sign of acceptance for you freaks).

pitchfork attacks sound pretty hipster.
    Group A - New York

I hear they use a rating system. I'll be sure to wear my Smiths t-shirt upon arrival.

I do know that Kitakyushu City is getting 3 newbies, probably 2 guys and 1 girl, all arriving in Group A.

Mikewise and I are prefectural which means our only work contact is with the employees of our one school. BritishChris wouldn't know either I don't think.

Pitchforks are less hip and more "angry villager hillbilly."

Quote Originally Posted by KitaQt View Post
    I do know that Kitakyushu City is getting 3 newbies, probably 2 guys and 1 girl, all arriving in Group A.
    Is one of those guys from Houston? with the initials BA?

Yes welcome to Fukuoka, people.
    We are quite handy with the pitchforks, so beware.

I hate how everyone says "Welcome to the BEST PREFECTURE" because there isn't a "Best Prefecture" really,
    However, there are FAR worse places in Japan to live, by a long shot, you've got a good one, even if we are like JETs lost children, left out of everything.
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meelynn View Post
    Mikewise and I are prefectural which means our only work contact is with the employees of our one school. BritishChris wouldn't know either I don't think.

Pitchforks are less hip and more "angry villager hillbilly."
    oh, ok. I'll just wait till LA gets result out then.

Probably best, we are in no position of power whatesoever, but if someone turns round and says "oh i'm in XX town" odds are we will know something about the place, it's not a big prefecture (number of JETs wise I mean).

Like I said, FUK JETs are the Bastard children of JET, generally unloved and shooed away from time to time.

minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

I dunno, judging by your posts (FUK JETs) on this here forum, I'd say you guys are very outspoken, but I think that's just me associating FUK JETs with Meelynn.

That's not true at all Chris! Only the Kitakyushu JETs

Kitakyushu JETs are a strange clique, never seen by the rest of the prefecture because it's a designated city or something.

Fukuoka's a nice place to be overall. We've got lots of leaving friends in the area BritishChris and I live in so those spots should be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    I dunno, judging by your posts (FUK JETs) on this here forum, I'd say you guys are very outspoken, but I think that's just me associating FUK JETs with Meelynn.
    I'd say about half of the FUK JETs are soft spoken Hawaiians. BritishChris and I comprise possibly the most outspoken group of FUK JETs in the prefecture.

I mean more like CLAIR tend to forget us,
    Fukuoka are not really represented in things like the JET journal or the other crap like that, but then at the same time it's not a big deal. They tend to give their time to prefectures in bumfuck nowhere like Shikoku etc.
    Also for things like the Tokyo Orientation, unless we are presenting I highly doubt any of us will be going along "just to help out" simply because well, why fly someone across the country when you can just take someone from Saitama and just pay their train fare for a few days.
    Kitakyushu are this little clique of people, despite me living like, 20 minutes from there you never hear anything from them, which kinda sucks, as they are much closer than Fukuoka city for me (1hr+)
    I am very tired today and am at my one shit school, so I am kinda grouchy, I love Fukuoka, I'm sure anyone placed here will love it too, so lets making fun together!

Oh and towns that I know loads about (as friends are leaving there) are as follows:
    Nogata-shi
    Nakama-shi
    Okagaki-machi
    Tagawa-shi.

If you got one of those on your forms then let us know, we got all the gossip (and we will schedule you in for a "friendship interview" to see if you're cool.
    Last edited by Tarquin; May 27th, 2009 at 09:25.

Hey FUK-tards!

yeah and where are you from? ASSVILLE.
    Imma gonna tell Azrael on yoooou

HEY DAWG! Gunma is famous for the ugliest girls in Japan!

Despite our catty internet personalities, BritishChris and I are nice and helpful, and Mikewise is genuinely a lovely man.

I like how this thread is just us wanking and no one else posting because for some reason no one ever seems to come to FUK