Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mie-ken

Default Mie-ken

If you have been placed in Mie Prefecture, welcome! I'm not going to rant about what a great place it is, you will be able to see for yourself in August I would like to cordially invite all of you to the Mie JETs forum, where you can find out all kinds of stuff and meet people living where you will be living! The address is below:

www.miejets.org

Of course if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here as well. Can't wait to meet you all!

Default Re: Mie-ken

Thanks for putting this up! I just found out that this is where I'll be heading, and at first glance it looks like a really nice placement.

mie-ken eh houk, doesn't look all that far from Osaka, we can rendezvous there for some partaying (with the extra 'a')

yeah, i have definite plans to make osaka my weekend homebase, with a smattering of kyoto/kobe/shiga/wherever for good measure

and i will take all the extra partay a's you can spare

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houk View Post
    yeah, i have definite plans to make osaka my weekend homebase, with a smattering of kyoto/kobe/shiga/wherever for good measure

and i will take all the extra partay a's you can spare
    I want to spend some time in Osaka, but it's a few hours away, so there is effort involved... I'm just going to be chilling at the beach for the first few months, I think!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I want to spend some time in Osaka, but it's a few hours away, so there is effort involved... I'm just going to be chilling at the beach for the first few months, I think!!
    oh for sure. im planning on getting a car ASAP, and i definitely wanna check out all the beaches when I get there while the weather's still beachable.

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

It seems so weird to me that, before long, we're all going to be sat in the Keio Plaza together. This whole process has been long and tiring and I can't wait to get back and hit the karaoke to chill out!!

I think I've already seen both of you on the Mie forum already, but thanks for posting here!!! You will definitely be able to make the most of the gorgeous beaches as soon as you arrive. It is so humid in August that it will be like wading through soup (ew), so I found out quite quickly that stuff like swimming at the beach and eating kakigori (*delicious* shaved ice and syrup awesomeness) was necessarily for my survival!

Anyways, I will likely see you both at the Prefectural seminars which I believe are on the 11th and 12th. Best of luck in the next two months, they will be busy ones!

Hello lovelies. Looks like I'll be joining you on the sandy surf Can't wait!

Oooh, do you know where in Mie you'll be placed???
    I'm still trying to find the two new folks who will be placed in Kumano-shi, the suspense is nearly killing us down here

Nope not yet. All they told me was Mie-ken in Mie prefecture...

How does that work lol, -ken means prefecture, so what they essentially said was Mie prefecture in Mie prefecture..

That means she's a prefectural ALT, so she's going to high school prolli.

Yeah I guessed that, but why not just simply say Mie-ken standalone, or just Mie Prefecture, doesn't saying Mie-ken in Mie Prefecture seem redundant?

Ah, I see. Haha, yeah that's pretty stupid.
    I guess that's what you get for hiring Japanese majors in administrative divisions...

Prefectural ALT? Hmmm... But I agree the -ken and prefecture thing does sound a bit redundant. High school sounds pretty cool. Not gonna complain about that one bit. Would've been fun to work with little ones though.

Yeah, that is redundant, but if they don't have that there I suppose there are just as many confused people thinking "where the hell am I going? Did they screw up??" Poor Japan, it's a no-win situation

I was the opposite Langus, I was really disappointed I didn't get a high school since I always wanted to try joining a club. Turns out I really like the younger elementary kids though, especially kindergarten, since they are enthusiastic and LOVE you. That being said, I'm jealous you get high school, you might actually be able to communicate with your students, and since you will likely have a school as a home base you'll maybe get to know the students and teachers better than I have. Good luck on the placement

Early DC upgrades got placements today!

Mie-Ken baby!
    It’s like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkFelix View Post
    Early DC upgrades got placements today!

Mie-Ken baby!
    Congrats Felix!! Let us know where you'll be placed as soon as you find out!

Hi guys! I got my placement last night, I'll be going to Kameyama-shi. Really excited to meet all of you! : D
    Mie sounds like a really beautiful place, and I always thought when I passed through Mie-ken on the way to Osaka that I'd like to get off the train and explore. So now I can ^ ^.